WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for watch that displays the season (Summer, Winter etc). So far I've found a Breitling Bentley, a Van Cleef and a Franck Muller but nothing else. This seems to be a rare complication, does anyone know any others?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
The calendar? Looking out the window?

-hayday

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
That's a unique complication. I wasn't even aware it existed. I wonder how there is enough room on the subdial to show the transition of the seasons? Or does it simply just snap to the next season at a given date?

·
Moderator Public Forum
23,351 Posts
I'm looking for watch that displays the season (Summer, Winter etc). So far I've found a Breitling Bentley, a Van Cleef and a Franck Muller but nothing else. This seems to be a rare complication, does anyone know any others?
Yes, rare is probably a good description. Do any of those models use a graphic display comparable to the moon phase? Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter in text around a subdial strikes me as visually dull.

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
In California we just have, earthquake, fire, mudslides, and rain.
A friend of mine lives across the Yukon from Dawson City. He'd be very much interested in a watch telling him summer (= when there's a ferry crossing), winter (= you drive over the ice), freeze-up and break-up (= you're stuck on one side). But I'm afraid he'll have to wait for that special complication. Don't see any watch maker giving it a try any time soon.. ;o)

·
Registered
619 Posts
Interesting, I had never seen this complication either.

I'm curious how it is set and how it determines when to "flip over." If it is tied to the date it would have to be customized for different countries, hemispheres etc.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
all is better than having constant winter...

on the side note that is a one damn pretty complication, i wonder why they don't incorporate it more frequently into annual / perpetual calendars.
i would prefer it as a moonphase complication, incorporated on a subdial, and have a different drawings for each season =)

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
A related complication is the one from Martin Braun that tells you times of sunrise and sunset. Very creative, innovative, and useful complication IMHO.

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,691 Posts
When I lived in London there was no need for a seasons watch. Warm rain = summer, cold rain = winter. Only two seasons :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts