WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

looking for a short (I know strange) Nato

2K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  FortunateSon11 
#1 ·
i am looking for a short, and thin Nato Strap, the one that came with my Alpin Startimer Pilot, is:
260mm (without the buckle)
and 1,1mm thick (i have found some that are around 1.2mm which is no problem)
when i was looking for new Natos i was surprised to see that most are around 290-300mm long the one on my Alpina is as said 260mm without the buckle it fits very well and comfortable. I wear it as a single pass ( no i did not cut the second Strap/ Flap to secure the watch) i wear the buckle and 2. strap flap under the wrist and because it is thin and not to long it is comfortable and not cumbersome. So normal Nato or single pass is fine. So in short i am looking for a short and thin Strap and really could not find the length I would prefer to not shorten it myself but would be open to it ( only if i would not have to shorten it between the holes)
thanks i am looking forward to you're recommendations and sorry for the strange question

See less See more
#2 ·
I bought one of these:

It's too short for me at about 254mm. Maybe it would suit you.

#4 ·
The thinnest NATO straps I’ve come across are the Phoenix NATO. The most colour options I’ve seen for them are available here:

If you’re looking for plain, green, black, or grey, you’ll have more options, and eBay.

Length is 290mm not including the buckle, but because they are so thin, you can fold them back over themselves at least 3 times without any real bulk under the wrist.
Watch Arm Finger Wrist Collar

If that’s not an option, then cutting them is really easy. My preferred option for a clean finish is to clamp the strap between 2 coins, to give a rounded finish, then cut following the profile of the coins with a very hot thin blade.

Wood Rectangle Grey Flooring Asphalt

#10 ·
#18 ·
+1 for the Eulit Perlons! I have both their Kristall and Panama straps. I love them both. No bulk whatsoever, no extra strap to try and find something to do with; they're adjustable to the exact length that you want which is great when your wrist expands and contracts in the summer; they dry fast; they're washable; and I agree with stratfan95: they are as "tough as nails."

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.