WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again,

Im in search for my next watch. Looking for an automatic watch, black leather strap, black dial, embossed Arabic (? [not roman]) numerals in yellow or rose gold, case color to match numbers, and case size is 40mm or less. I'll say, umm... Less than $5000.

So far, after days of searching, I found this Hamilton Maestro with small second hand (I prefer the traditional second hand).

hm-h42575783_2.jpg

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,963 Posts
Reactions: AweSam8

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
Not a fan of gold plated watches. Reason, if you wear it a reasonable amount the plating comes off.
You may have a wonderful watch, great mvmt, but it will look soooooo tacky!
People will start referring to you, as the guy with the tacky watch.
This is my honest opinion on the subject.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's a similar thread you should look through, though with a much lower price point...

https://www.watchuseek.com/f2/rose-gold-black-dial-after-best-suggestions-~%24800-range-1436242.html
Yeah, I had already checked it out prior to my thread, but mine is more specific. I need/want to have elevated numbers on the dial.
Not a fan of gold plated watches. Reason, if you wear it a reasonable amount the plating comes off.
You may have a wonderful watch, great mvmt, but it will look soooooo tacky!
People will start referring to you, as the guy with the tacky watch.
This is my honest opinion on the subject.
i'm assuming the watch may look "tacky" as the gold plate wears off? Does this happen often? I bought my lady a Michael Kors watch (her preference) that is pink gold, but still looks pristine. She's had it for about 2 years.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Yeah, I had already checked it out prior to my thread, but mine is more specific. I need/want to have elevated numbers on the dial.
i'm assuming the watch may look "tacky" as the gold plate wears off? Does this happen often? I bought my lady a Michael Kors watch (her preference) that is pink gold, but still looks pristine. She's had it for about 2 years.

Honestly the argument over how plating comes off overtime has been blown way out of proportion by members here in WUS. I can't speak for others but from my experience, watches with plating has usually lasted for years without any signs of exposure. Of course I usually purchased plated dress watches and never really used them under rough conditions but that's what I have my tool watches for.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts