WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thanks for all the recommendations, guys! I did forgot to stress that the size of the new watch is rather important and I am looking for something small, so 34-36mm. And just to contrast that Seiko Dolce I was thinking of something more quirky/playful (?) like aforementioned Braun. Or something stylistically similar to Stowa Antea back to Bauhaus.

If the dial isn’t too busy, check out the aforementioned Citizen Chandler, reference BM8180-03E.

Eco-drive (solar quartz) for longevity and low maintenance; 100m water resistance (unusual in a package like this); 37mm x 43mm means it’s not obnoxiously large on the wrist; day/date complication; and good lume too.

I’ve gotten mine (three total, gave one to a friend) for $64 and $58 respectively on Amazon sales. Usually they hover around $100–$140. The factory strap is green canvas, but it’s versatile with strap changes.

Nice watches, good value. Worth considering!
Oh, that is a nice one! I didn't even know about that model, thanks! I'll definitely keep out on the lookout for those amazon sales, as I always wanted a field watch.

Casio Edifice EFV-110D

(random photo off the net, on an aftermarket Jubilee)

Huh, normally that watch doesn't really do it for me, but with that Jubilee it looks much better. Will have to consider that too at some point.

Swatch will certainly have you covered.
To be honest I completely forgot about that Swatch. Their styling is definitely interesting, but how are these in a long run? I remember having one 10 or so years ago, and only lasted me around 6 months, as I wasn't particularly careful with my watches, the whole thing cracked in half on me, case and crystal. And maybe unjustly, but Swatch always seemed to me like their watches are a little bit throwaway.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Similar to a Braun AW-10, quartz, 34-36 mm, less than $100? Friend, I think you're looking for a Skagen.

Here's the SKW2801.

And the 233XXLSLB (37 mm, not 36, but it's close.)

Good luck! Let us know what you get.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts