WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello world of WatchUSeek!
I'm looking for a particular feature set in a G-Shock and I'm having a hard time finding it.

-Positive digital display
-Medium/large size
-Displays current time while in timer and stopwatch mode
-Solar/atomic (as they usually come in pairs)

Basically if my GW-6900 displayed the time in timer and stopwatch mode it would be absolutely perfect for me, but it doesn't. I use a lot of timers and stop watches for work and really need to see the current time as well.

Thanks for the input!
Camp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
My GW-9300CM has all the features you want, plus temperature, compass and moon graph.

BTW, although Tough Solar has almost become the norm of G-Shock these days, but atomic really depends on models, some have (GWF-1000RD), some don't (GF-8250-nv2) while some models have both (GF-1000-NV2, GWF-1000-NV2).

Hello world of WatchUSeek!
I'm looking for a particular feature set in a G-Shock and I'm having a hard time finding it.

-Positive digital display
-Medium/large size
-Displays current time while in timer and stopwatch mode

Basically if my GW-6900 displayed the time in timer and stopwatch mode it would be absolutely perfect for me, but it doesn't. I use a lot of timers and stop watches for work and really need to see the current time as well.

Thanks for the input!
Camp

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The Rangeman and Mudman are awesome (had them both), no doubt, just looking for something a little more low profile. My GW6900 is perfect minus the chronograph/timer issue I'm having. Thanks for the input guys!!

·
Registered
435 Posts
You could try to find a 9200 Riseman is you want something more similar to a 6900 in size. Or you could get a dw-6900 if you don't mind dropping atomic/solar.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Currently, the "atomic" feature is always paired with "solar." (There have been some non-solar atomic models in Casio's past, but none recently.)

On the other hand, there ARE plenty of "solar only" models for people who don't want or need the atomic function! (Just off the top of my head, and not that they fit the OP's criteria: G6900, G9300, G5600, and I know there are some "Glides" as well.)

·
Premium Member
14,565 Posts
IMO look at the WS-220. It's price is cheap, around $35 or less on the bay. It is a proven beater that can take abuse. Sedi used, and may still use, it as his work watch while building decks and performing arborist work. It will display current time down to the second in both STW and CDT. It has the profile between a G-8900 and G-6900. The size is 51.7 X 49.8 X 14.6. A GW-6900's size is 53.2 X 50 X 17.7. It has 5 Alarms and the alarms, IMO, are louder than most solar G's. It has bigger digits than a G-6900 as well.

Here is a picture of mine. It has held up well to yard work and other abuse.

Do not look at the color, look at the specs for the watch. The blue one was the first one I saw on Casio's website.
WS220-2AV - Sports, Mens, Womens, Ladies, Digital, Analog Wrist, Watches | CASIO America, Inc.

·
Registered
381 Posts
yeah but that chrome is so ugly. makes it look like an armitron fake LoLz

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
you could get a dw-6900 if you don't mind dropping atomic/solar.
Great suggestion. Since you're already happy with the 6900 profile this would be a good low cost alternative. I never understood why they dropped the time in all modes function in the solar/atomic version.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great suggestion. Since you're already happy with the 6900 profile this would be a good low cost alternative. I never understood why they dropped the time in all modes function in the solar/atomic version.
I've been kicking around that idea, I just hate that the three circular displays on the DW6900 show absolutely nothing useful, whereas the GW6900 shows your settings. The Riseman may be my only reasonable choice left.

Thanks again for the suggestions fellas!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
435 Posts
I've been kicking around that idea, I just hate that the three circular displays on the DW6900 show absolutely nothing useful, whereas the GW6900 shows your settings.
You know, I thought that before getting a DW to compliment my GW, but honestly, I kinda like the eyes all counting seconds. Yeah, it's technically a waste of space, but you can easily ignore them if you want. And they look a lot better in motion then they do in pictures, it's almost hypnotising, in a satisfying way... Yep, that last sentence reads even more strangely that it sounded in my head, haha.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You know, I thought that before getting a DW to compliment my GW, but honestly, I kinda like the eyes all counting seconds. Yeah, it's technically a waste of space, but you can easily ignore them if you want. And they look a lot better in motion then they do in pictures, it's almost hypnotising, in a satisfying way... Yep, that last sentence reads even more strangely that it sounded in my head, haha.
Hmmm might have to check into that. Love the 6900. Perfect size for me. I'm done with the "big watch craze"!

Here's my 6900 on my 7.25" wrist

1 - 15 of 15 Posts