WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a Cobra de Calibre 1, which is a great watch. As with any watch, I'm trying to pair it with the perfect strap. I've tried mesh, zulu, nato, random bracelets. They all look okay, but nothing that I'd consider perfect. I think the best looking strap is the black leather strap the watch comes on stock. However, there are a few things I don't like about it. I've found exactly what I want, but not the correct strap. I'm interested in a strap like this:

That's the basic design I'm after, but I'm looking for minor differences. First, that tapers from 22mm at the lugs to 20mm at the buckle. I want a straight cut 22mm strap. Second, I don't want that olive green stitching. I want white/off white stitching just like the stock strap. I also want boxed stitching, no open lugs. I basically want the stock black calf leather strap with a 22mm domed deployant clasp.

I plan to just buy a brushed 22mm domed deployant clasp like that, except 22mm, not 20mm. I'm looking for recommendations for a strap maker to make a strap. The only strap maker I'm aware of is Stone Creek Straps. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
I can recommend Patrik at Clover Straps. His straps are excellent, prices are reasonable and he works quickly. Whenever I need a custom strap, he is the one I go to. If you sent him an email with the description of what you need, he will give you an estimate. There are numerous WUS members that have used his services and I have yet to hear any negative comments from anyone.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can recommend Patrik at Clover Straps. His straps are excellent, prices are reasonable and he works quickly. Whenever I need a custom strap, he is the one I go to. If you sent him an email with the description of what you need, he will give you an estimate. There are numerous WUS members that have used his services and I have yet to hear any negative comments from anyone.
I've heard good things about him as well. Every picture of his custom straps I've seen are like perforated rally straps or some such. Nothing looks like that strap. I wasn't sure if that was something he did. Thanks for the recommendation.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
That would be an option if it wasn't the exact same strap that comes on it. The domed deployant is the key to the strap I want. Thanks for the suggestion.
Oh, yeah, I missed the domed. Can't settle for butterfly?

Edit: Not suggesting you should - what you want is probably out there - just wondering if it is a strong preference.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, yeah, I missed the domed. Can't settle for butterfly?
Not really man. The end of the leather strap that pokes out and is held down by the keeper bugs me. I go out of my way to find leather straps that have a clasp that hides that. The CW badder buckle for example. Square tip straps are better, but a non existent tip is the ideal option.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, MilTat is where I got this idea. I'm pretty sure I'll have to have the strap made.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
That would be an option if it wasn't the exact same strap that comes on it. The domed deployant is the key to the strap I want. Thanks for the suggestion.
I think that a strap with a domed deployant that tapers would be impossible to make. Obviously it cannot taper within the deployant nor can it taper outside since it would look odd

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think that a strap with a domed deployant that tapers would be impossible to make. Obviously it cannot taper within the deployant nor can it taper outside since it would look odd
Look at post #1. That picture of the strap from strap code is 22mm lugs with a 20mm buckle. They make it. There's a 23mm and 21mm lug option too. All with a 20mm buckle. It doesn't look like it tapers to me, but I digress. I want a straight 22mm strap anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts