WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you recommend me a watch able to display concomitantly 2 time zones plus some other useful info (like date, or timer, or alarm) on the same screen, at a reasonable price?
If is a digital, I want to avoid a combination of analog & digits like some Casio I seen.
I have seen some nice automatic Orient models with the 24 hour and world time but they are above what I can afford, so I think I have to look for a digital doing what I want. Also I do not want to press buttons to switch all the time from time zone a to time zone g, I want to set them and have them clearly displayed in front of my eyes.
Do you think I can find something like that?
Pictures also help ;-)
Thank you

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!

I would suggest an SKX007 with a 12hr bezel insert added afterwards. It is a great, automatic watch which is tough as nails and has history. Add in the GMT and you have IMHO the most functional affordable around.

I hope that that helps some, and I hope that you enjoy the forums!
Mike

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. I have a similar model, that was siting in a box for some time. I was not happy with the accuracy.

Welcome to the forum!!

I would suggest an SKX007 with a 12hr bezel insert added afterwards. It is a great, automatic watch which is tough as nails and has history. Add in the GMT and you have IMHO the most functional affordable around.

I hope that that helps some, and I hope that you enjoy the forums!
Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tao international looks beautiful. I wonder if I can find it somewhere in a retail store in N Florida.

That Casio looks tough, I will check this weekend a mall in the area to see what G-Shocks are available.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Can you recommend me a watch able to display concomitantly 2 time zones plus some other useful info (like date, or timer, or alarm) on the same screen, at a reasonable price?
If is a digital, I want to avoid a combination of analog & digits like some Casio I seen.
I have seen some nice automatic Orient models with the 24 hour and world time but they are above what I can afford, so I think I have to look for a digital doing what I want. Also I do not want to press buttons to switch all the time from time zone a to time zone g, I want to set them and have them clearly displayed in front of my eyes.
Do you think I can find something like that?
Pictures also help ;-)
Thank you
What can you afford/what do you want to spend? There are options that do exactly what you are looking for at most price ranges.

Would you consider used, or are you only looking at new? Do you have any idea of what sizes and styles you are looking for? Many of the watches with world-time bezels are around 42mm, which is on the large side for some people (myself included).

Since you had issues with the accuracy of a Seiko SKX, I'd think that you'd want a quartz watch. However, there are some mechanical GMT watches that are significantly less than the ones currently listed on the Orient USA site.
Quartz:
Junkers do a bunch for around $180 (and a few for more)
6240-1-2T.jpg 6246-2-2T.jpg 6440-2-2T.jpg

Most VSA are going to be more expensive, but the Maverick II gives you a sapphire crystal and hefty case/bracelet for under $250
71mFpfiRGiL._SL1400_.jpg (or less if you like red or blue/white)
4180QLk8EHL.jpg
41hr6xVHMHL.jpg

There are also options from Stuhrling, Invicta, Golana and many more.

Mechanicals:
GMT__G-02-250x187.jpg Perpetual GMT G-02
srp127k_2.jpg Seiko 5 SRP127k (there are a bunch of color variations with model nos. 125-132 - prices from $130 to $200 on Amazon and ebay)
CFE04002B-2.jpg Orient CFE04002B (also here)

CFE06001B.jpg Orient CFE06001B (available for less than Orient USA prices if you search around)

Some good quartz options:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What can you afford/what do you want to spend? There are options that do exactly what you are looking for at most price ranges.

Would you consider used, or are you only looking at new? Do you have any idea of what sizes and styles you are looking for? Many of the watches with world-time bezels are around 42mm, which is on the large side for some people (myself included).

Since you had issues with the accuracy of a Seiko SKX, I'd think that you'd want a quartz watch. However, there are some mechanical GMT watches that are significantly less than the ones currently listed on the Orient USA site.
Quartz:
Junkers do a bunch for around $180 (and a few for more)
View attachment 714852 View attachment 714851 View attachment 714856

Most VSA are going to be more expensive, but the Maverick II gives you a sapphire crystal and hefty case/bracelet for under $250
View attachment 714855 (or less if you like red or blue/white)
View attachment 714857
View attachment 714858

There are also options from Stuhrling, Invicta, Golana and many more.

Mechanicals:
View attachment 714778 Perpetual GMT G-02
View attachment 714833 Seiko 5 SRP127k (there are a bunch of color variations with model nos. 125-132 - prices from $130 to $200 on Amazon and ebay)
View attachment 714784 Orient CFE04002B (also here)

View attachment 714788 Orient CFE06001B (available for less than Orient USA prices if you search around)

Some good quartz options:
@ckot: Beautiful watches, I will go on the links and check your recommendations in detail after answering. I am thinking to spend about $200-$250. Maybe I will get two, an analog and a digital. I am willing to go higher in price if I find something I like, but not as high as on Orient-usa for a Journeyman or Tourist.
And, this is important to me, I would like to see the watch and hold it in my hand before I buy, if I am not familiar with the model, so unless big price difference I rather not order from the Internet.
I have no problem with large size watches.
I consider used watches also, I am checking out pawn shops.
Maybe my Seiko was not that precise, because I had other mechanical watches that were better at keeping the time, in the past. I am not looking at few seconds per month, but I do not like to have to set the watch each few days.
Thank you

1 - 10 of 10 Posts