WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm looking to purchase a good quality watch winder for my PO. Nothing fancy or expensive. Just what ever is best for my dear PO's health.

There are so many to choose from out there I'm completely confused.

Which brands are best? What kind of rotations should I look for!!

·
Registered
444 Posts
I'm sure lots of guys here will tell you that you have to buy this brand or that brand. Just go to Ebay and type in 'watch winders' . Even the cheap ones work every bit as good as the name brands for a fraction of the cost. They all do the same thing. Spin in one direction for a while, then in another and then stop for a while. You don't need to spend very much at all.

·
Registered
555 Posts
You don't need a watchwinder just only for the health of your watch, if you are concerned about the oils, winding it once in a while is good enough.

On the other hand, if you have more auto's and wear your watches in rotation a lot it is definitely handy to have a winder so you dont have to change the dates all the time.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I bought a winder, but my PO gained 5 min on the winder....

:think:

:-(

:-s

:oops:

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
I'm sure lots of guys here will tell you that you have to buy this brand or that brand. Just go to Ebay and type in 'watch winders' . Even the cheap ones work every bit as good as the name brands for a fraction of the cost. They all do the same thing. Spin in one direction for a while, then in another and then stop for a while. You don't need to spend very much at all.
Yep, the cheap ones do the same thing as the expensive ones. The only problem is they only do it for a little while, then you can throw them away. I recommend something without the cheap Chinese motors in it.

·
Registered
983 Posts
I would suggest that you call the forum ad...
He sells winders and he just set me up with an awesome deal on one. You don't even need to worry about the brand or type or anything with him. If it's crappy then he doesn't carry it.
Thanks,
Bart

Hey all,

I'm looking to purchase a good quality watch winder for my PO. Nothing fancy or expensive. Just what ever is best for my dear PO's health.

There are so many to choose from out there I'm completely confused.

Which brands are best? What kind of rotations should I look for!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
We'd like to be set up with the "ad winder" guy. How do we contact him? We have a Steinhausen and a supposedly better "Japanese" winder, and they're both mainly crappy. They're noisy, don't rotate in two directions, etc. Send one back and another piece of crap returns.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts