WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up Casio G-Shock G2500 over the weekend at a flea market. The vendor just gave me the watch. It, of course, was DOA, other than that it's not in too bad of shape(I mean it's by no means pristine). I got it home and was going to do a battery change and low and behold, the battery corroded something awful and really trashed the module. It's shot! My question is this, should I just put the rest of watch in the parts bin or should I try to find a replacement module? Please let me know what you guys think. :thanks

Cheers!
Mike

·
Registered
506 Posts
Replace the module if you don't think the bezel and the band have taken too much damage to need replacing. If you feel they do, might as well just get another one.

The watch, IMHO, looks great!

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Have you thought about removing the module from the watch and possibly try to remove the corrosion from it ?

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you thought about removing the module from the watch and possibly try to remove the corrosion from it ?
I have, but the corrosion is so bad that the circuit board and LCD screen are fouled up. :thanks for the suggestion, though.

Cheers!
Mike

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What flea market did you get it from? I liked to go there myself. :roll:
Local flea market just outside of Bally Pa. The lady had a box of watches and she wanted me to take the lot, but they were mostly very cheap Chinese advertisement watches(cigarette, film and car promotion stuff). When I passed on the lot she told me that I could just have the G and she was probably going to give away the rest of them because she didn't want to pack up the rest of them. Trust me, if there was anything good I'd have been all over that.:-d:-d:-d

Cheers!
Mike

·
Registered
35,399 Posts
Replace the module if you don't think the bezel and the band have taken too much damage to need replacing. If you feel they do, might as well just get another one.

The watch, IMHO, looks great!

Looks like a cool model.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts