WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As the title says, I am looking to add to the collection an affordable analog/digital watch similar in style to Breitling watches (but not limited to):

breitling-airwolf-raven-special-edition.jpg

I really like this styling as well as finding it very functional given the hybrid of analog and digital features. Can anyone point me to the right way on this preference? Obviously I cannot afford a Breitling at the moment, so I suppose a look a like alternative will have to do Thanks guys,

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
This Gevril has a similar look. I have heard good things about the brand. Almost purchased a couple. They might be worth checking out.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestion, will look out for them...anyone have opinions on these orients? i believe the model is
Orient CVZ00001B
sized_ORIENT-01.jpg

Have mostly been a Citizen/Seiko guy myself, don't know much about Orients in terms of quality...guess i will have to research

·
Registered
11,627 Posts

·
Registered
11,627 Posts
Here's another Citizen - not the exact format of what you want, but it's close:

JT3000-59E JT3000 Promaster: Citizen Men&#39 s Promaster Land Collection Watch # JT3000-59E, Citizen Promaster

(Model JT3000-59E) (And I am not sure about that seller.)

And I forgot that Victorinox made one:

Amazon.com: Victorinox Swiss Army Men's 241300 Dive Master Gunmetal Dial Watch: Victorinox Swiss Army: Watches

(Model Victorinox Chrono Classic XLS MT) (It's not really affordable from that source, but buying used can save you tons of cash.)

And here's a Casio:

https://www.watchuseek.com/f71/ana-digi-watch-500-a-611896.html#post4469340

https://www.watchuseek.com/f71/android-ana-digit-vs-breitling-aerospace-avantage-comparison-review-297704.html#post4171328

(Model WVA-M240)

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
The Certina DS Multi 8 is a real looker:

max-certina-ds-multi-8-watch.jpg

The older model has two digital windows like the Breitling.

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
Here is a cheap Ebay brand.I think it is,since i never heard of them before. Sekonda Ana/Digi World Time Chrono Watch 3116

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you guys so far for the predictions...having more options is always better

Liking the citizen "Wingman" one. Trying to buy it, but looking to be hard in the states so far:

citizen JQ8250-52E

609641d1327303015-wtb-citizen-jq8250-52e-ana-digi-chronograph-world-alarm-reference-pics-include.jpg

That promaster by Citizen looks good too. Wish they had an ECO DRIVE watch of these styles, but the newer ana-digi watches are the 3 dial ones it seems

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Momentum Format 4?

By the way, the Citizen Skyhawks and their other ana/digi chronographs do have subdials, but if you look closely you'll see that they're for GMT (on some models) and showing the selected features, not for the chronograph display. They're great watches (I have one of the 2nd generation models), and better than the Wingman you show (I used to own one of those and didn't like it much).

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Momentum Format 4?

By the way, the Citizen Skyhawks and their other ana/digi chronographs do have subdials, but if you look closely you'll see that they're for GMT (on some models) and showing the selected features, not for the chronograph display. They're great watches (I have one of the 2nd generation models), and better than the Wingman you show (I used to own one of those and didn't like it much).
Thanks for the suggestion Andrew...I do agree that I'd probably prefer the tech and advancements of the newer skyhawks

However, it's the appearance that wins me over with that Wingman I suppose....can you chime in though if possible as to what things you did not like about the Wingman? IT's always good to know as much as possible, and I am curious to some of the shortcomings of the watch

Thanks

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I would, but... it was a few years ago, and I can't really remember. I do remember the fit and finish wasn't as good as the Skyhawk, it just didn't feel quite right (sort of like a die-cast model, if you know what I mean, paint-like surface rather than something super hard like anodising or DLC).

·
Registered
303 Posts
Have you checked the new Hamilton Flight Timer ??? I am really looking forward to trying it in real life when it hits the shops. 40mm ana-difi with specific ETA movement for hamilton...check there website.

Pierre

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion, will look out for them...anyone have opinions on these orients? i believe the model is
Orient CVZ00001B

View attachment 609533

Have mostly been a Citizen/Seiko guy myself, don't know much about Orients in terms of quality...guess i will have to research
Orient is owned by Seiko, but they are fairly independent for their autos. With quartz watches, where they usually use Seiko movements, but this is a Miyota (dates to . In general, you can't get better quality for the price (including from Seiko or Citizen) than Orient.

Don't know if you've seen them, but there are several threads about that one:
https://www.watchuseek.com/f306/orient-cvz00001b-ana-digi-3591.html
https://www.watchuseek.com/f410/orient-anadigit-cvz00001b-421077.html

All that said, I would lean towards a Citizen or Casio to get solar, all other things being equal - or if budget allows, a VSA, Oceanus or high-end Citizen to get a sapphire crystal.

Reactions: ross7
1 - 20 of 27 Posts