WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question regarding a 50th birthday present for my father and after searching the threads have been unable to locate an answer to my question. I was hoping that a member in here could help me out with a vintage Seamaster question regarding price and authenticity. I saw the sticky that asked price not be discussed on the open forum so I would appreciate it if an interested member could PM me or give me the ok to PM them to possible shed some light on a new enthuesist.
Thanks in advance.

- Justin

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
Your best bet is to post a picture or link to a watch in question then people will be able to give more info like no don't touch it or yes ok if you don't mind redials or yes great piece and maybe then if people wish to pm you then that's upto them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
So this is what I am looking at. I am just curious what something in this condition would go for and there are a lot of counterfeits, frankens, or lemons with these vintage omegas..

The watch- Manufacturer: Omega
Country of origin: Switzerland
Serial no.: 18,578,380
Year built: c. 1963
Model: Seamaster DeVille
Functions: Hours, Minutes, Automatic, Waterproof, Sweep Seconds
Designed for: Men
Case material: 14K gold
Case markings (inside): Omega Watch Co., Ross, 1280692, LL 6590-1
Case markings (outside): Seamaster with Hypocampus emblem, 14K gold in between lugs
Case condition: Better than excellent
Dimensions: 34mm wide (excluding crown), 40mm long lug tip-to-tip
Dial: Silver linen, gold hand-riveted indexes, aperture for the date, original, better than excellent condition with one small mark above Seamaster
Hands: Original, gold luminous "batons", loss of luminous on minute hand
Movement type: High grade 550 caliber movement, automatic, 17 ruby jewels, 19,800 BPH balance, copper colored, shock resistant
Movement markings: Omega Watch Co. Swiss, Seventeen Jewels, Adjusted 2 positions, 550
Jewels: 17 rubies
Beat frequency: 19,800 BPH
Band: Crocodile, fully stitched, padded, brand new and unworn, fitted with a new gold-tone Omega buckle
Width between lugs: 18mm
Crystal type: Armoured hesalite, original Omega, new
Serviced: Yes, cleaned and oiled. New Omega crystal installed.
Warranty: 1-year international warranty. Please see our eBay About Me page for details
Box/Papers: BOX - Mahogany watch presentation box; PAPERS - Connoisseur of Time Certificate of Authenticity; New timing certificate

$1545

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your best bet is to post a picture or link to a watch in question then people will be able to give more info like no don't touch it or yes ok if you don't mind redials or yes great piece and maybe then if people wish to pm you then that's upto them.
Thanks for the advice Joeuk.

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
If it's stated its been service then ask for some proof. Always buy the seller so check out his feedback from others. If the person can give a receipt saying it's been serviced then you can take the price of a service off the cost this will depend on who serviced it lets say omega that's $600 or any other non authorised omega service $200-$300. For some reason it says deville but does not say it on the dial. At work at the moment so hard to check through the omega database so let others comment. You can also check eBay for others previously sold to give a good idea of price.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
A little high. A nice piece. I don't think the crown is original to the watch. This price point is what id expect a 14k rarer date caliber 560 in pristine condition to fetch. Nice to have b&p but that doesn't add 2 bills. Do you have movement pics?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts