WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys. Been on here awhile, long time lurker. Bought a Glycine a few years ago which I love. My wife gave me clearance to step up to a nicer piece, rather than buying more of the lower-middle end. So here is my question:

I've been to three places in person: one was an Omega store and the other two were a Boutique who is an AD. Neither were interested in flexing on price. My personal jeweler who I deal with is not an Omega dealer, otherwise I would have him get it for me. I have seen the watch on sites like Jomashop and even contacted a few people on ebay who have perfect feedback.

So my questions:

1) If I buy the watch from an non-AD store(like Jomashop), and I have a problem with it later one, can I send it to Omega at my own expense or will they not accept it?

2) If the watch is bought from someone(say ebay) but was purchased from an AD originally, is that better than example above?

3) How much expenses have you guys seen price wise with Omegas? Does it cost over $1000 to repair these guys sometimes?

Appreciate all the help.
-B

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
Hi Guys. Been on here awhile, long time lurker. Bought a Glycine a few years ago which I love. My wife gave me clearance to step up to a nicer piece, rather than buying more of the lower-middle end. So here is my question:

I've been to three places in person: one was an Omega store and the other two were a Boutique who is an AD. Neither were interested in flexing on price. My personal jeweler who I deal with is not an Omega dealer, otherwise I would have him get it for me. I have seen the watch on sites like Jomashop and even contacted a few people on ebay who have perfect feedback.

So my questions:

1) If I buy the watch from an non-AD store(like Jomashop), and I have a problem with it later one, can I send it to Omega at my own expense or will they not accept it?

2) If the watch is bought from someone(say ebay) but was purchased from an AD originally, is that better than example above?

3) How much expenses have you guys seen price wise with Omegas? Does it cost over $1000 to repair these guys sometimes?

Appreciate all the help.
-B
Watches from Jomashop are genuine Omega watches so you could have it serviced at Omega. I bought a new Titanium Planet Ocean 8500 Liquid Metal from them, as well as a Luminox Colormark chronograph, and I received new watches with all the stickers, tags, boxes, and cards except the warranty card.

Typical service cost at Omega is $525, unless it's a Chronograph which is a little over $700. If it's an older omega without the coaxial movement you can often get an independent watchmaker to service it for about $250-300, including a moonwatch.

My independent has serviced several of my Omegas and a Rolex without any issue, while Omega NJ has returned two watches to me after service with issues that had to be fixed (one with a stuck bezel, one with a stuck helium escape valve).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts