WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Gang.... Since I like my Yellow Seiko Diver I figured the next logical step would be to buy an Orange watch. I would like it to be a diver, possibly in the 1-300 range, making the Sumo outside of that... So far what I've seen would be the Orange Monster, Orange Sawtooth, Orange Knight, Orange Boss. Not sure why I put orange 4 times but ohh well. Anyway, anyone else have any suggestions? My main concerns is that while weight isn't an issue, I do like comfortable watches. Right now I'm thinking about the Sawtooth, but anyone feel free to post pics of other ideas...

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
3 More to consider

Swiss Army 500m Dive Master

Citizen Perpetual Calander 200m

Not Orange But Like the 300m "Divers" rating and 1 piece case

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Hey Nick,

You've got a nice selection of orange divers to choose from! :-!

You can't go wrong with any of 'em...but, for me, I'd probably go for the Swiss Army 500m. It's a very solid piece, great looking, and there's just something about its looks.... b-)

Just to throw one more orange diver into the mix...have you also considered the orange dialed Seiko ti Samurai? I believe you can get it with a rubber strap(to be within your stated price range), an ss bracelet(a few bucks over your limit), or with both the strap and bracelet(around $60 over your limit...but very cool to have the options. :-! ).

I once owned a blue dialed Sawtooth...beautiful watch with a gorgeous radiant blue dial...:p. But I was just starting out in this hobby, and the Sawtooth seemed huge on my 7.125" wrist...and it felt reaaally heavy, too. Of course, now, my Ocean7 LM-3 would make it feel like it was made of titanium! :-d

Good luck, Nick!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Man, I was going to say Tutima DI300 Orange, but then you said under $300. I can't add much beyond the usual Sawtooth/Tuna/Monster etc.

Isn't that such a hot orange, though? Pic is from jerseyman119's FS thread, hope he doesn't mind.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I vote monster. Maybe because earlier I was looking at Bob Thayer's monster mods:p

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dammit Diesel, you just made me order an OM. Mine will be on rubber though... Just ordered from our awesome board sponsor Long Island Watch, thanks for the 10% off Marc!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
The only true orange watch is a DOXA :-!. That being said, I absolutely love my orange monster and I don't think you could beat it for the price.

(Please, nobody flame-out about the DOXA comment, no disrespect intended).

Best of luck with your decision, Mike W.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Don't forget about the Orient "Mako" that comes in orange! Its availability is limited - I would email Marc at Long Island Watches for more info.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
The Orange Mako is a definite candidate for the orange collection!

You can't tell it in these pictures (my camera doesn't like orange) but the shade of orange is a little darker than the monster and it's flat orange rather than glossy.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
These are my only two current orange divers...

Best, Mike W.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Invicta Sapphire Diver - under $100 with Sapphire Crystal, MOP subdials, Solid End Links, VERY NICE bracelet (heavier/thicker than on 8926 pro diver) with scissor deployment clasp, Swiss Quartz, and no "INVICTA" on the side of the case:

·
Registered
398 Posts
I really like the abalone (?) dials on that last Invicta. The pearliness is very attractive and different.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Thought I'd show off my "oranges." My 750 Pro, Knight, Invicta Pro Diver, and the daily beater...Momentum M1. I really need to diversify my colors a little bit more.

Ryan:roll:
LIES! Orange is the ultimate color! Just look at the Swiss Guard in the Vatican - their primary color is ORANGE. Who can argue with the Pope, and over 100 years of tradition?! :-!

I'm aiming for an orange dial automatic diver once the Glycine Combat Sub (with orange highlights!) get here. I'm thinking Tutima DI300, or Doxa... b-)

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Orient now makes an orange dialed MAKO...it is stunning!:-!

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
No disrespect intended and definitely no flame-out but the FIRST diver in orange is the one and only DOXA, and in my iteration, the 600T, it is not only good to wear but it can be used trolling in the Gulf for Grouper! lol

paul:-d

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
No disrespect intended and definitely no flame-out but the FIRST diver in orange is the one and only DOXA, and in my iteration, the 600T, it is not only good to wear but it can be used trolling in the Gulf for Grouper! lol

paul:-d
Definitely true... but the Doxa is PRICEY. With all caps. At least, for me. :-d Egads, I wish I could pony up the cash...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts