WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
I'm looking for a brown crocodile-like strap, but I don't want to spend a lot of $$$.

I saw this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/22MM-BROWN-CROC...ryZ98624QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

What do you guys think? I don't know much about these types of things. I'm not expecting to get real croc but do you think this is decent quality for the money?

Are there sites that have straps like that?
I have heard good things about Interantional Watchman and belive that he has some of the lowest prices around. I've been very happy with The Watch Prince (A WUS Sponsor I believe) and their service. If you need unusual length straps then there is a German site that has the most Short and XL straps of anywhere I've been able to find on the internet but they are not the cheapest.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
I have heard good things about Interantional Watchman and belive that he has some of the lowest prices around. I've been very happy with The Watch Prince (A WUS Sponsor I believe) and their service. If you need unusual length straps then there is a German site that has the most Short and XL straps of anywhere I've been able to find on the internet but they are not the cheapest.
Doc.........I 2nd that. The site referred to below is for a Crocodile GRAIN leather strap. IWI carries real croc for $27.

Watch Prince and Lonestar.com are also excellent!

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
Doc.........I 2nd that. The site referred to below is for a Crocodile GRAIN leather strap. IWI carries real croc for $27.

Watch Prince and Lonestar.com are also excellent!
Ken,

You know me, recommending a German company was a stretch ;-) Seriously, IWI has the lowest prices I have found, appears to carry loads of XL straps, and is the only one I have ever seen with quick change straps in XL. As for the German Company - great service, superior selection, and descent prices - so if you are looking for an odd-ball strap in XL try them.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Ken,

You know me, recommending a German company was a stretch ;-) Seriously, IWI has the lowest prices I have found, appears to carry loads of XL straps, and is the only one I have ever seen with quick change straps in XL. As for the German Company - great service, superior selection, and descent prices - so if you are looking for an odd-ball strap in XL try them.
IWI also has great push button deployants at a very low price!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I agree with the postings about the good service at the Watch Prince. This leather strap was $21.95 from Watch Prince. I will be checking out the IWI re: $27 for genuine croc.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts