WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Im searching for a preowned 857 but it hasnt been easy so far. Anyway, in your experience with this model, would you recommend this specific model over the 856 /657? I really like the look of the 857 bezel and the utc function is a plus, but I am looking for any other user experience possible, and hopefully I can find one.

Thanks for any feedback

·
Registered
736 Posts
I have been very pleased with my 857. It is one of my most accurate watches and easily is as accurate as my certified chronometers. The tegimented finish has held up superbly after 2 years of ownership. I bought the 857 because I wanted the timing bezel. The 857 is very versatile and is comfortable on the bracelet, Sinn rubber strap, or a leather strap.

857_013009_2.jpg

·
Registered
46 Posts
...I'm searching for a preowned 857 but it hasnt been easy so far...
Very true. Looks like you and I are in competition, from opposite sides of the country. :think:

Last winter they showed up pretty often, and i missed the same watch twice! Now that i really want one...nothing. From all i have read, those who have the 857 are very happy with it. Good luck sir!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Me too. Wanted to look for a pre owned one but after several weeks of futile search, decided to go for a brand new one. So far, its been great. Only complaint i have is that its a tad small for me. But only came to that conclusion after comparing it to my 45.5mm Omega PO & Fortis B42 Marinemaster. But then again, i guess most Sinn watches wear abt 2mm smaller than what their case size might suggest. Overall still a great watch. Superb legibility & that stark toolish looking dial is simply to die for. Beats my Fortis B42 MM even for readibility. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow Ive been hearing a lot of good things. Happy to say that I have one on the way! I will post some photos when it arrives. Thanks for your replies

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Agree with all of the above. The 857 is a beautiful watch, and one I miss a lot. I've put up a few WTB's over the past few months with no response so they can be hard to find second hand.

I sold mine to fund a grail purchase, but will definitely pick another up in the future as my day-to-day watch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts