1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
first thing i thought was check for mall closings unfortunately

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
In the 'nothing ventured, nothing gained' scheme of things, ask Casio Canada. Otherwise, shipping might hurt if you found something too far outside of Cornwall.

Stores like Shoppers Drug Mart, their competitors & anyone who might sell Casio get these or similar displayers supplied to them all the time. Half of them get

thrown out right off the bat, others when the stock is sold down. You're in a smaller marketplace, so timing is the key. If you could convince someone who retails Casio/G-Shock

to give you the name of the rep they deal with ... Retailers would rather give the displays back to the rep as opposed to tossing them in the garbage. Reps might take them back, politely, but

they generally don't get re-used. Get the word out ... be a 'real enthusiast' at the right time ... a little more conservative at the right time. If you approach 10 people, you've only need to strike a nerve with one of them.

Also, look for auction houses that sell off retail fixtures from bankruptcies. Kingston might have one, if Cornwall doesn't. Half the time, there is no auction .. they have display facilities where they simply sell the stuff & keep marking

it down until it's sold. Here's the Casio info:

G-Shock.JPG

Reactions: cpietras

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
It looks pretty simple, basically an acryllic case. You can make one fairly easily or have a plastic fabrication shop (think TAP Plastic) make one. The G-Shock sign can be made at a local sign shop (silk screened or vinyl cut) and applied. Just my $.02

·
Registered
381 Posts
It looks pretty simple, basically an acryllic case. You can make one fairly easily or have a plastic fabrication shop (think TAP Plastic) make one. The G-Shock sign can be made at a local sign shop (silk screened or vinyl cut) and applied. Just my $.02
yeah but then guys from casio show up in a black van at your house in the middle of the night and you have to el them all in the face to make your getaway

1 - 12 of 12 Posts