WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I searched & looked through a bunch of threads, but they were all older. I could really use some help from you G-Shock experts. I'm looking for one with an interval timer that has unlimited auto-repeat, and the ability to set it to the second. Atomic and Solar would be nice, but not necessary. This will be my new gym watch. All suggestions appreciated.Thanks

·
Registered
19,217 Posts
Don't count on G-shock for that, you'll need a special training watch.

BTW you might want to take a look at the DW-56RT and the WS-200 Casio watches.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Not solar or atomic, but the DW6900 has this capability. It's my go to watch when I'm cooking for this exact reason. The CDT can be set to the second and it has the auto repeat function. Another option is the 7700 or 7710. It has two separate timers, both can be set to the second, and have auto repeat. this way you can set one for a specific amount of time and the second timer for a different time.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I searched & looked through a bunch of threads, but they were all older. I could really use some help from you G-Shock experts. I'm looking for one with an interval timer that has unlimited auto-repeat, and the ability to set it to the second. Atomic and Solar would be nice, but not necessary. This will be my new gym watch. All suggestions appreciated.Thanks
I have a 7900 and I think it may have the function you need.

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
G-7800 has unlimited auto repeat and timer setable to the second. Not solar or atomic however. GWX-8900 and GWX-5600 have an interval timer setable in 5 sec increments with 10 times auto-repeat and a max duration of 2 x 99min55sec. A few other models have the same timer:
W-S200/220
STW-1000 (JDM model with atomic reception)
AQ-S800/810.
Edit: W-S220 would be my choice for a gym watch btw.

Cheers, Sedi :)

·
Banned
473 Posts
If I were you I'd get a Gymboss interval timer as no watch will do as good a job for the gym.

I have a Gymboss for the gym, and my G-Shocks for the rest of the day!

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
Where can I buy this blacked out stealthed version of the W-S220?

Also are the 4 screws on the face able to be swapped to the black plastic rivets found on the GW7900?

Wow - that one's awesome! Never saw it before. The screws cannot be swapped as they actually hold the bezel to the case so they're not decorative.

cheers, Sedi :)

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
Looks like the stealth version is not yet available but there are all kinds of new colors for the W-S220 - white, pink, blue, etc. Nice that Casio pays some attention to the low-budget models, too. I really like the W-S220 - I have the standard version and the one with the golden display - the module is just great.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Here's hoping the black stealth version is an international release. I never know how to find out this information about upcoming watches and feel helpless waiting for other WUSers to get that information somehow.

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
Here's hoping the black stealth version is an international release. I never know how to find out this information about upcoming watches and feel helpless waiting for other WUSers to get that information somehow.
I found all of the new colors on casio-intl.com. Let's hope the stealth version makes it to ebay sooner or later. The others are already available.

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
I have never had the G-7800 but the rest of them only have a limited number of interval timers without a repeat function. I am a runner who needs an interval watch and despite my affinity for G's have been relegated to Timex. Timex still rules the running world. I have been running since 1978 and I hope that before I put up my shoes for good that that G-shock will make a running watch.

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
I have never had the G-7800 but the rest of them only have a limited number of interval timers without a repeat function. I am a runner who needs an interval watch and despite my affinity for G's have been relegated to Timex. Timex still rules the running world. I have been running since 1978 and I hope that before I put up my shoes for good that that G-shock will make a running watch.
I agree about G-Shocks, but I found the Casio W-S220 and the STW-1000 to be very good running watches.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts