WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I have a CS3140 gold 1964 re-issue which came with brown croc straps that needs new shoes. Got this as a wedding gift from my wife about 11 years ago, and looking to migrate over to black straps.

Is there a genuine OEM gold deployment clasp that is made for leather-style straps?

I am aware there are some generic clasp available, even plated ones, but figure I'd like genuine clasp to go with this very special watch.

Any suggestions for some good quality straps? I've seen some made by Di Modell and Hirsch, but any suggestions would be welcome!

Thanks!

Dave.

·
3,250 Posts
I've never seen a deployant for these watches as I think they were not available back then (1964). These Carreras look nice with the vintage buckles. You may be able to find a solid gold deployant, but due to their large sizes, they can run quite expensive... I don't know any to recommend..

·
Registered
12,033 Posts
the only solid gold deployant buckle I can think of is the one that came with the CW5140 Monaco.
Not entirely sure what the code for the deployant is but I think it is 18mm at the buckle end like the modern 41mm Carrera Chronos so not sure if that would help you with your 1964 re-issue 36mm Carrera.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts