WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, first time poster- so please take it easy on me :)

Info: cal 551; Case 14381.

1) I would like to get an original 10 sided crown, but all places that I have been to (in NYC) have told me they cant get them. I know they dont produce those crowns, but I would have thought you could get it through the back channel.

2) Looking for an original Omega buckle , where the Omega symbol is raised.

3) As you can tell from the picture, some of the gold in the observatory is melted down. Is there any way to fix this?

Any suggestions/recommendations of places to go (in NY) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

omega1.JPG omega2.JPG ! omega4.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hi dhalpern,

that's a nice one! But it the 14381 was presented in 1959, so we are talking about more than 50 years of wear to the back.
1. The crown - 10sided crowns are sold out at Omega. I don't think it will be easy to find one anywhere else.
2. Omega Buckle - where have You tried?
3. The back: I don't know whether the medaillon is the same on all constellations, but You might have to check ebay for a caseback or buy a watch to scrap (gold capped will have the gold medaillon, the later stainless steel ones not. Maybe it is possible to detach / attach it to Your back.
All of this should be Your least worries, however - the most important is to get the movement serviced!
Best regards,
Olof

I do understand You's want a new caseback...

·
Registered
18,163 Posts
Total up the costs of restoration and you will see why well preserved pieces can demand premium prices... But even NOS vintage is usually cheaper than new :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
What what about the replacement caseback?? Where can you find that beautiful replacement medal? Not many seen on ebay...

PS: nice watch BTW!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts