WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey,

My aunt has been wanting a beautiful watch for her birthday (29th, or so everyone is convinced of every single year lately =)). She is an accomplished businesswoman that has started from scratch and built an empire with her bare hands. A fashion empire at that. She deserves something beautiful.

There are many watches out there, but I want a TRUE watch built by a watch company. Not a bvlgari or dior or anything like that. I'm sure those watches are beautiful and have beautiful movements but I want something that's a watch purebred.

What are some ultra high end watches, made by watch companies, made for watch lovers. An automatic that truly defines style and substance, with a movement that just screams beauty.

You see, I've only begun in this watch hobby. I'm still a college student with no budget (since I owe the gov't money for tuition fees) so I've been poking around low end Seikos and Russian watches (I love my Vostok though).

My reaches of decadence only reach up to Tissot and TAG. I don't know anything of the beauties that lie outside of that. (My father owns a Patek Philipe... I admire it from a distance, never dare to touch it hahahaha).

Recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and price range would be ~$25-50k USD I suppose....

//edit: Okay I might have been overzealous with my budget. I supposed anything from $8k to $25k would work too. No point eliminating watches just because they're "too cheap". She's definitely not like that. I just don't know anything about watch prices that are more expensive than Omega hahaha.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Sounds like you are picking-out a watch for yourself! ;-)
Honestly, women don't care about beautiful movements...hell, they usually don't even like automatics.
I wouldn't go too esoteric....here are my suggestions with automatics:
#1 - Rolex DateJust - the standard for a reason. Many options, and a mid-size that is pretty hip.
#2 - Cartier - many choices there
#3 - Breitling - nice sporty woman's line
#4 - Chanel J12 white ceramic...not sure if its an auto...the "it" watch in the fashion industry
All are (very) High quality, and carry prestige...can't go wrong :-!

·
Registered
38,774 Posts
:-d :-d :-d It's obvious you haven't met any watch nerdettes!
Sounds like you are picking-out a watch for yourself! ;-)
Honestly, women don't care about beautiful movements...hell, they usually don't even like automatics.
I wouldn't go too esoteric....here are my suggestions with automatics:
#1 - Rolex DateJust - the standard for a reason. Many options, and a mid-size that is pretty hip.
#2 - Cartier - many choices there
#3 - Breitling - nice sporty woman's line
#4 - Chanel J12 white ceramic...not sure if its an auto...the "it" watch in the fashion industry
All are (very) High quality, and carry prestige...can't go wrong :-!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts