WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

I was cleaning out a storage room at work a few years ago and found this watch sitting at the bottom of a box filled with random items. My boss told me that I could either keep it or throw it out. I decided to keep the watch and it has been sitting in a drawer doing nothing but collecting dust since. I've done some research online trying to search for this watch but can only find similar looking watches that vary in price and color. I know the watch is made of briarwood and stainless steel but that is about it. The watch is in perfect working condition, can be set, and still holds time. Does anyone know anything about this watch? (i.e. name, when it was made, specs, value) I can send more detailed pictures if anyone can help.

Thanks so much

Attachments

·
Registered
41,423 Posts
Re: Looking for Information For Locman Isola D'Elba Briarwood Stainless Steel Automatic Wa

Have it serviced and wear it, value - sentimental if any.

·
Moderator Public Forum
23,473 Posts
Re: Looking for Information For Locman Isola D'Elba Briarwood Stainless Steel Automatic Wa

Don't know a thing about it. A wood and metal cased watch will likely not appeal to many collectors. Here's a link to an auction of a similar watch: Dorotheum - Wrist- and Pocket Watches - Locman Isola d Elba
You mght also check the realized prices on Ebay.

It uses a mechanical chronograph movement so the cost to service will likely be well north of $200.00

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have one of these watches and regardless of what you think of the case, there is some value there as i have personally opened it up and can tell you that the movement inside is a valjoux 7750. it is the same movement used in innumerable other chronographs and it is a workhorse ! the movement alone costs a couple of hundred dollars.
for the record, i rather like the case and i get compliments (whether genuine or not) every time i wear it.
hope this helps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts