WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Custom made women's watches it appears. Very unique but in reality only collectible to someone to whom they would appeal to. Women's watches just don't have a following...in particular custom made items. Probably worth more for the gold content.

That last watch...the Rolex Orchid is the nicest one of the bunch. Looks to be in nice shape but without posting pictures of the movement or serial numbers not much can be known about it. A quick google search led to a few threads about similar watches.

·
Registered
18,166 Posts
Generally elaborate ladies watches are valued as jewelry, not as watches. But these appear to be quality watches! (... can't ID the first maker though). On that level, the market usually values them at a multiple of the gold content, usually 2 to 3 X... but it varies depending on the house that make the band/case.

I wonder what the signatures on the caseback of the last watch mean? Some kind of special engraving for the recipient, I suppose.

The JLC is a real charmer... the others are just beautiful!

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
... can't ID the first maker though...
Eska was the brand under which S. Kocher sold watches. "Ess" and "Ka" are the way one pronounces the initials of the manufacturer in german. Kocher was an etablisseur, and never made their own movements to my knowledge, but I do like to keep an eye on them as, in my estimation, they had an original and sometimes zany eye for design.

An example from the collection:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts