WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

I would like to first introduce myself, Daniel, from France. I collect watches (but sadly do not know much about them...). I collect mostly watches that combine analog and digitals, mainly Seiko Sportura models. And I love my Bulova's.
Anyways I am coming here for a bit of advice, yesterday I came across a Breitling pluton navitimer 3100 -80192 :

This model but with metal bracelet :

This would be my first Breitling, and sincerly I don't know much about them...

I can pick this watch up for 850€, with box and papers. In very good condition. Is this price worth it ?

Other than the price, I haven't been able to find much information about this watch, it's history, from what i've understood it's from the early 90's, and was maybe also called "new pluton". Does anyone know which quartz mouvement was mounted in this watch, and most importantly if it is repairable ?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Have a nice day.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
welcome to the forum, actually there is an outstanding article about these right here on this site:
https://www.watchuseek.com/f39/breitling-pluton-academy-intruder-range-brief-history-98.html

Sad truth is that the movements on the New Plutons and all other late 1980s/early 90s Quartz pieces are becoming obsolete and are not repairable, Breitling does not service or repair the Plutons anymore, if the movement dies on you, your only chance is to find a donor.

Movement is a Miyota Y652, not to rare as it was used by Pulsar, Seiko and many others.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you.

Yep I read that thread, only information I could find was this :

"New Pluton ref 80 192 with compass rose bezel
During 1989 the New Pluton model reference became 80192. This version is very rare:"

But this watch I saw does still have "navitimer quartz" written on it.

Ok so if it's a Miyota Y652 I shouldn't have many problems getting it repaired if a repair is needed.

And what do you think about the price... ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, Can any Pluton owner please help me regarding my Pluton. I bought a Team 60 Pluton on Ebay but im not really sure abouts its authenticity. 1st of, it is lighter compared to my other Swiss watches. Is it because its quartz? The movement in which the LCD part doesnt function properly is a Japanese B232 no jewels. Thanks

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts