WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping you fine folks can give me some feedback on your opinions. I'm looking to purchase an Antea and was originally drawn to the KS, but in looking at other watches I own, it is almost 1:1 in regards to size to my Timex Easy Reader with 18mm Hadley Roma strap. The problem is, I never wear the watch because I feel it is too small for my taste. My wrist measures 6.5" but I think it may be *flatter across and makes that size appear small. I also am leaning towards the 390 because of the 20mm strap size. 20MM tapered to 18mm with a deployment buckle IMO looks more at home than 18mm tapered to 16mm. Here's a few pics of some mockups I made today (KS on top and 390 on bottom) trying to get a feel for sizing. What is everyone's opinion in regards to them both? Also worth noting, I do wish for the watch to appear more "modern" sized, as in running normal to bigger, rather than underwhelming on my wrist. Thanks for any input!

image3.JPG

tumblr_nreyh4LKcA1rvrqtho4_1280.jpg

·
Premium Member
40,362 Posts
From the looks of it, both fit you fine so if you prefer the more modern size of the 390 then that's the one for you.

Here's a 390 on my roundish 7inch wrist.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436771976.584754.jpg

Note that the lugs on these don't really curve down around the wrist, so just bear that in mind. You can normally go a bit bigger if the lugs are nicely curved, but with the Antea you need to factor in that length as sitting flat across the top of your wrist.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input and especially the picture! That's really helpful. I could kind of gather that the lugs don't really point down past the back of the case, so I made a conscious effort to make sure my paper templates layer flat and taped the "straps" to the underside, basically where it looks like they would connect in all of the pics I've seen. The larger face of the 390 is definitely speaking to me, and your photo only reinforces that. Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
33,371 Posts
I agree and like the look of the 390 on your wrist.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts