WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so it was only through stalking yet another thread about the Seiko monsters which I read and subsequently found out about the Prospex Monsters, I'm wondering who can shed more light on them?!
The only thread I found on here about them was the 'shrouded' model, which I'm not quite so much a fan of, has anyone here got the SRP581K and can let me know a little more about it?

I've been slowly crumbling under the need to add another diver to the mix, and for those who know my views already, my Orange Monster is my baby, so a more upmarket take on a Monster is a bit of a dream.
Any owners who can share some photos, and give me the low down?
I've been quietly drooling over this link Seiko Prospex Monster – SRP581K | Yeoman's Watch Review
Any input is appreciated; how it feels, whether it's worth the heftier price-tag, performance and any cons?!

·
Registered
3,560 Posts

·
Banned
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

I have a 1st generation OM, really great watch that was my introduction to Seiko divers. If you plan on getting another Monster, I'd skip the SRP special editions (overpriced IMO) and get the newer JDM versions powered by 6R15 caliber.

Read more here about these models:

https://www.watchuseek.com/f74/monster-coming-age-prospex-sbdc023-025-a-1207978.html

Cheers!
I never planned on getting another Monster, I love my Orange probably most of all the watches I own...but seeing the Prospex I could feel the resolve waver, that's why I was after more info on it,
But that link you gave is beyond interesting, I have no idea how I missed that. I love every single feature they updated for this one (I loathed the sharp shark teeth idea, but these trapezoidal ones look sublime!), and love that hey kept it Orange!!!!! Ugh I want it, and will be totally soaking this thread up. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I never planned on getting another Monster, I love my Orange probably most of all the watches I own...but seeing the Prospex I could feel the resolve waver, that's why I was after more info on it,
But that link you gave is beyond interesting, I have no idea how I missed that. I love every single feature they updated for this one (I loathed the sharp shark teeth idea, but these trapezoidal ones look sublime!), and love that hey kept it Orange!!!!! Ugh I want it, and will be totally soaking this thread up. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
Glad I could help! But these Prospex 6R15 Monsters are still overpriced IMO. At the 400$ price point, sapphire could have been included, as in the LE Sumo SBDC027. Check out the prices on Rakuten, they are now around 385-400$ USD, but they will most likely go down. Only advantage of the 6R15 is the bigger power reserve over the 4R36, still same low beat movt.

They look interesting, a bit more refined....I like the fact that it is now Date-only dial, the indices are a bit more conservative but I'm not a fan of the cyclops...

Check the Prometheus Piranha, it is a bit larger but features a bold looking case, Miyota 9015 hi-beat caliber, sapphire crystal etc....Lots of value for about the same price point.

Cheers!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts