WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've been poking around the different forums and looking around to see what catches my eye. I would like to get a German watch - if I do, I would like for the whole watch - movement included to be made 100% in Germany (yes, I'm a "purist" of sorts...) The one brand that I'm really interested in is Nomos, specifically the "Zurich Worldtimer true blue," but at an asking price of $6,100 is a bit too much for me - ideally I would like to spend no more than $2,000 - the closest thing Nomos has at that range is the non-GMT Tangente (SS Back) with the in-house caliber α.

The other brand that I like is the MÜHLE-GLASHÜTTE, in particular their Sea Battalion GMT - I tend to gravitate to GMT's - but that one has a Swiss ETA movement and it's north of $3,500.00.

Any recommendations for a nice German made watch with a German made movement? - GMT for under $2,000.00 - let me know your choices, photos appreciated!|>

Muhle-Glashutte-Seebattalion-2.jpg NOMOS-Zurich-Worldtimer-true-blue-1.jpg

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I might be wrong, but I don't think you'll get a German GMT movement at the price you're looking at as it would have to an inhouse movement as many of the German brands would still use ETA or Sellita under $2000, GMT or not.

Off the top of my head the cheapest German made movement would be Nomos and then probably Damasko, but both are above your budget, and also not GMT.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts