WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I ususally post over on the dive watch forum, but have recently taken a liking to the 2010 B42 Marinemaster with the new, wavy/protruding bezel. At first I thought it was way off in the design department, but as with many watches, I have done a complete 180 and now am seriously thinking of getting one. I also love the rubber strap options, and the way those straps fit snug against the watch!
Anyways, if anyone could post some pics I would really, really appreciate it.
Thanks a mil,

Aaron

·
Registered
475 Posts
Welcome to Fortis, Aaron. I can't provide a wristshot, but can tell you that I have a Marinemaster (older bezel) and could not be happier. Great watch: substantial form-fitting case, dramatic dial, and amazing dual-AR sapphire crystal that appears absent from most angles. The bracelet is also excellent (but you mention you're interested mostly in rubber).

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the information Gopher!
I appreciate any and all feedback, so not a problem on the pics. I actually want to buy it with all bracelet options (most likely on the bracelet and then get the rubber ones), it's just that for some reason I am currently obsessed with orange straps on divers; I really like the look of them.
As for the pics, well, like I mentioned, the new bezel looks quite odd to me, but I like it too. I really wish I had an AD to get to here! Oh well...
Thanks again

Aaron

·
Sinn Moderator
9,824 Posts
The new bezel looks great to me, but then again, so does the old one. The Fortis is a great watch and I enjoy my B-42 GMT. Cheers, Bill P.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you!
Looking at that TZ post, I can't help but think it is close to the same size as the PO. Do you know if this is the case? I looked at the specs, but they were 41.5 or 42.5mm??? I cannot remember. In that review it definitely looks more like the PO 45.5mm. Either way is fine by me.
And now the wait commences! I've bought three watches over the last 5 months, and need to wait a few so that my wife doesn't lose her marbles...
Thanks a lot everyone- nothing but positive comments on the new and old versions.
best regards
Aaron

·
Registered
240 Posts
Same case as the B42, but with a bezel, I think it will be nearer 44mm...

Lovely as it is it's too big for me. <|

·
Fortis & Sales Moderator
2,878 Posts
hi Aaron

i am not sure if the PO in that review is a 42mm or a 45.5 version?
but, if in fact it is a 45.5 PO, which from the bezel shape it might be, the bezel on a 45.5 PO is only 43mm.
the older bezels on the Marine Masters are 44mm but those new flower looking bezels are likely even bigger than the old style.
the case on the B-42s are 42mm but any of them that has a rotating bezel has a larger overall diameter due to the bezel always being bigger.

on a different note about the new MM bezel... I don't care for it at all... it looks too fashion-esque on a tool watch... i mean come on, it looks like a sunflower?! <|

if I were you, I'd get the older style that is far more classic looking

good luck

·
Registered
33 Posts
i love that new edition Marinemaster bezel. I cant wait to get one. Actually i was between the Omega Planet Ocean and the Marinemaster (which is more affordable). And i like the more subtle appeal of Fortis than Omega right now. Ive seen the new Marinemaster for $1800 on the internet where as the Planet Ocean is always around $3000+

·
Registered
181 Posts
hi Aaron

i am not sure if the PO in that review is a 42mm or a 45.5 version?
but, if in fact it is a 45.5 PO, which from the bezel shape it might be, the bezel on a 45.5 PO is only 43mm.
the older bezels on the Marine Masters are 44mm but those new flower looking bezels are likely even bigger than the old style.
the case on the B-42s are 42mm but any of them that has a rotating bezel has a larger overall diameter due to the bezel always being bigger.

on a different note about the new MM bezel... I don't care for it at all... it looks too fashion-esque on a tool watch... i mean come on, it looks like a sunflower?! <|

if I were you, I'd get the older style that is far more classic looking

good luck
A Sunflower..............NO WAY more like people would ask if thats a "chain saw" sticking out from under your shirt cuff :) it is a nice and agressive change for the Fortis brand giving the opption of chioce, I had already made a deal on a carbon chrono but was very close to getting the chain saw bezeld chrono :)

Mike

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
I just ordered this watch and should have it tuesday. Can't wait to see it and will post some pics upon arrival.

·
Banned
534 Posts
I am not a huge fan of the new bezel -- it reminds me of an automobile design that bolts on extraneous parts for a mid-life refresh. IMO, the "old" bezel is among the nicest coin bezels ever. Whether the novelty of the new design will endure, time will tell. I will stick with the classic.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
I am not a huge fan of the new bezel -- it reminds me of an automobile design that bolts on extraneous parts for a mid-life refresh. IMO, the "old" bezel is among the nicest coin bezels ever. Whether the novelty of the new design will endure, time will tell. I will stick with the classic.
I considered both the older style and the new but decided to go with the new style bezel because it is different and a bit aggresive looking. The older style looks like every other black bezel diver on the market.

·
Registered
181 Posts
|>
I considered both the older style and the new but decided to go with the new style bezel because it is different and a bit aggresive looking. The older style looks like every other black bezel diver on the market.
I am with you on that :) !! I am wondrin wether I can have my old coin bezzel replaced :think::think: with new larger bezel........nice agresive chain saw |> [email protected]@k |> good in cold climates when working with gloves on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts