WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am looking into buying my first chrono; but, there are so many different ones I don't know which ones are good quality and which ones are not. I would like to keep spending under 600 dollars. I might go a little higher if its worth it.

Do you guys have any suggestions? It seems that 600 won't get a mechanical chrono, so I may have to go with quartz.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Unless you go used, $600 won't get you an auto, and even then it would likely be low end auto chrono.

As to suggestions, well there are about a gazillion different quartz chronos out there, so my suggestion is to start hanging around these forums to get a better idea of what's available and a better idea of what features and looks you like; check out especially the daily WRUW threads ("What Are You Wearing") in the various forums.

In the low priced quartz chrono area, Seiko has a large variety. Start there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Unless you go used, $600 won't get you an auto. As to suggestions, well there are about a gazillion quartz chronos out there, so my suggestion is to start hanging around these forums to get a better idea of what's available and a better idea of what features and looks you like; check out especially the daily WRUW threads ("What Are You Wearing") in the various forums.
As to suggestions, well there are about a gazillion quartz chronos out there, so my suggestion is to start hanging around these forums to get a better idea of what's available and a better idea of what features and looks you like;

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Check out Uhren Von Uhr's ETA 7750 based chronographs.

For manual wind, Poljot, Sturmanskie, Vostok and other Russian brands using the Poljot cal. 3133.

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Plenty of nice mechanical Russian chronographs for $600 or less with the classic and well-regarded 3133 movement. See the list at Julian Kampmann, a favorite retailer with WUS members: Poljot, Russische Uhren, Julian Kampmann - Chronographs If you're outside of the EU, take the 19% VAT off the prices too.

Or, from our forum sponsor, Irina Maier Russian watches Vostok Europe, Poljot, Aviator, Buran, Sturmanskie, Denissov, Vostok, Molnija

See the WUS Russian watch forum for tons of info on all these watches and the vendors.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm really liking the Poljot watches. They seem to be what I am looking for.

It's hard for me to drop a few thousand dollars on a watch as a sophmore in high school :¿

Thanks for suggesting me some watches!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Tissot Tradition (also in black):
140713.jpg
Victorinox Alliance (also in white, which I really really like):
sa_241478_sol_front_a-414x327.jpg

JG6500 (happens to be Obama's watch, though can be acquired without the commemorative jumbo):
jg6500-44-mens-black-leather-chronograph-watch.jpg

All of these are under $600, the Tissot and the JG being around $300. Both are Quartz, obvs.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
$600 can get you a few mechanical chronos - lots of Seiko 6138 stuff around that has been properly serviced for $250 - $400.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts