WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Primarily, what I want to know is are these Laco parts that were meant to be used together? Dial, movement (not sure what it should be), hands, case (says Brunner on the inside). Any thoughts on whether it would be worth getting a service would be appreciated as well. Supposedly, it runs and keeps time. Thanks a lot!

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,698 Posts
Adels it is, right ?

If so it is a watch imported to the US by Louis Adels Co., founded 1922/1923, watch dates back to the 30s so I tend to say that this might be possible.

Give us a better pic of the movement or quote the engravings please.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks, Mike.

Yes, indeed it is "Adels" with an "S". I found some pics of others and, the best I can say is this one certainly didn't seem implausible. The case says Brunner Watch Cases and there's some number. So, maybe an aftermarket case, but if it's from the same time period and the watch was originally worn like that (as best we can guess), I'm fine with it.

I'll do some better pics of the movement when I get it. I haggled and got it for a price that would make me happy have it for decoration around the house. But, getting an authentic, serviceable watch would be sure be awesome. I've been looking for one of these where I like all the parts and the patina for a long time.. that's not some crazy price and shows some evidence of functioning. Having a relation to Laco is an awesome bonus.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Adels it is, right ?

If so it is a watch imported to the US by Louis Adels Co., founded 1922/1923, watch dates back to the 30s so I tend to say that this might be possible.

Give us a better pic of the movement or quote the engravings please.
I'm back! I finally received this old Adels Laco... and some pics of the movement. The color came out weird but you can read everything I think. Movement has many markings and looks very interesting. It keeps time but runs slow. Winding and adjusting the time feels very smooth and easy. I'm sure there are a million things, but I've noticed that to be a good sign. There are a bunch of hand etched numbers inside the case... if it's interesting, let me know and I'll quote them. The case maker "S Brunner" I've seen before in watches of this era on different brands. But, I didn't find much about it.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts