WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm looking for an Oris watch, Classic Serie: 633 7490 40 61 LS
Unfortunately the watch seems to be sold out.

Thanks for giving help!

best regards
Markus

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm guessing you're looking at the one Keeanu wore in the movie Constantine. It hasn't been produced for a while, Oris hasn't updated their site yet. If you would find any, it would be new old stock or on the used market. The new Modern Classics starting with the 733 no's are the "replacements" and have been out for a little over a year. If I recall properly, those aren't using the 2824 but the SW 200 which is basically the same but with 26 jewels.

If you're dead set on the 633 one, I can only wish you good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello, you are absolutely right, I saw this watch in the constantine movie. I had forgotten it but last week I have seen this film again on DVD. Yesterday evening I found one last watch in switzerland :gold . Only the model with the metal wristband, but this is ok I can purchase the leather wristband separately.
Thank you so much for your information, I guess this won't be my last ORIS. The price-quality-ration is very good....

best regards, have a nive evening!
Markus

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all,

I'm looking for an Oris watch, Classic Serie: 633 7490 40 61 LS
Unfortunately the watch seems to be sold out.

Thanks for giving help!

best regards
Markus

Hey Markus,

I too was looking for the EXACT same watch, black leather strap, white face, with the 27 jewel movement (right after seeing the movie). I hope you didn't buy yours yet, because I found one, the exact one, from a vendor in Switzerland. Their site is timeqs.com. You can also find their ad on froogle if you froogle the model number. Its priced at $360 + s/h. Hope this helps. I anticipate getting mine this Christmas (for myself!).

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Hey Markus,

I too was looking for the EXACT same watch, black leather strap, white face, with the 27 jewel movement (right after seeing the movie). I hope you didn't buy yours yet, because I found one, the exact one, from a vendor in Switzerland. Their site is timeqs.com. You can also find their ad on froogle if you froogle the model number. Its priced at $360 + s/h. Hope this helps. I anticipate getting mine this Christmas (for myself!).
As ever, prospective buyers would be well advised to do background checks on online retailers, ensuring that other buyers have had only good reports to write about them.

I particularly recommend that here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did some reading, in the Inquiries forum. Looks like there's some dude in Oregon just sitting back raking it in. Thanks for the warning, and I was so set on picking this one up too. Does anyone have any leads on where one can get a hold of one. Marle?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Marle,

I actually found a reputable vendor in Germany who carries the exact same one, not sure if you've bought yours or not. If not, let me know, I'll send you the link.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I would be interested in the link if it turns out to be legit. The old 'Modern Classic' is much nicer looking than the new 'Modern Classic'.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too would be interested in the link if its still valid. I just started my search for the 633 7490 40 61 Oris modern classic. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey, I just picked up a Oris Modern Classic (633 7490 40 64 LS as opposed to the xxx-61 LS you've mentioned). And I just want to make sure you realize that it's a 36mm watch, so it's fairly small by today's standards. I knew going into it that it's about as small of a watch as I'm willing to wear (I personally prefer a solid 38-40mm), but I really liked the watch and wanted it so I picked it up. I gotta say it's a great watch, but like I said it's fairly small and I don't have large wrists.

Just wanted to point that out in case you didn't notice the size

(Images of both watches from Oris' website have been attached for anyone who's interested in seeing them)

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
Oris Classic Serie: 633 7490 40 61 LS found

There is an Oris Modern Classic (ala 'Constantine') for sale on the Timezone sales page if anyone is still interested...

Please let me know if this type of message violates forum rules.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts