WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was wondering if any member have had any experience or know of any good places or individuals that would be able to modify Seiko watches. Location: in or around the San Francisco Bay Area. Any info on this would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance:)

·
Registered
644 Posts
Is the Bay Area a requirement? I would contact Duarte at North East Watch Works: North East Watch Works

The guy turns over things quick, his prices are fair, and his work is phenomenal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think sending my timepiece out would not be out of the question, but definitely a last resort. I'd really like to find a go to place/person that's in my area. Thank you for the suggestion though. The site has some good stuff on it.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Is the Bay Area a requirement? I would contact Duarte at North East Watch Works: North East Watch Works

The guy turns over things quick, his prices are fair, and his work is phenomenal.
I have to also say this is the best modder out there. He doesn't tremendous work and is meticulous.
Every single crystal/bezel/etc swap I've ever done -- He has done for me -- not to mention the the ridiculous amounts
of dial/hand swaps that I get involved in.

Here are some recent projects he has done for me.

·
Registered
104 Posts
this is good info to have. Ive been considering sending my piece to either Harold or Jake, but wasnt sure about the turnaround and shipping times. Nice to know there is a US option.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Frank's Watch Repair 4026 Macdonald Avenue
Richmond, CA 94805

Get directions

(510) 232-3381This guy changed the dial on my Hamilton Chronograph last year. No problems yet.

Get directions

Attic Treasures
440 San Mateo Avenue
San Bruno, CA 94066

Get directions

(650) 871-8957

There's a watch shop in Hillsdale Mall in San Mateo. ‎ I'm a total novice, but you can pay me and I'll do the work. No guarantees though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the Info! I'll look those places up and try to make a decision. I'm mainly looking to replace the crystal and possibly dials. I've bee eyeing those snz seikos with the fifty fathoms dials. I'd love to be able to do that. Those are awesome pieces davidk!

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Magnificent Mods!! May I ask where you acquired that bezel for your Sumo? It makes the watch look 100X better!

·
Registered
158 Posts

x2 - I live in the Bay Area but I used Duarte. He emailed me pictures of my watch complete (hands, crystal, bead blast) within 24 hours of receiving it and returned it back to me in under a week.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Just bumping this long dead thread, as I am looking for someone to do a movement upgrade for my SKX013 as well as swap out a crystal and bezel insert. Haven't had a lot of luck with most of the only people I've seen, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts