WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at getting a watch for my wife for Christmas, and have really enjoyed having a solar / atomic watch over the last several months.

I have been having a hard time finding one that I think she will like, and wear, which is why I'm posting this.

So far, from what I know, is she wants a metal band, that is silver in color, and a black dial face. She has a rather small wrist, so it really does need to be as small as possible.

What I have come up with for now, is the Oceanus OCW-30SDJ-1AJF, which a picture is attached.

It's so hard to research watches, especially those that are only available in Japan, for instance. What I'm wondering is if someone else makes a watch with similar features, such as Citizen or something?

Any help would be appreciated. :thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one?

I now see that Citizen makes some Attesa ladies watches that are both atomic and solar, but these are Japan only (meaning Japan RECEPTION only). The thing that makes these so attractive is that the case is so small, even compared to this Oceanus. I wonder why Citizen does not make a US version of these watches?

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
We did a thread about this topic a while back in G-Shock which you probably saw already. I did quite a big search and more or less came up empty. There isn't much in the way of Casio options that I found, and probably nothing fitting your description, except for the men's models alas (which tend to be big even for men's wrists). I had trouble finding a nice Casio solar ladies watch, let alone atomic too.

I think your best bet would probably be a Japan Citizen model if it exists. I bought a nice Citizen Ladies sports watch as a gift, but it's not solar or atomic. Citizen generally make nicer looking ladies watches imho. I think those features also tend to up the size factor in a watch. You might just have to compromise and go for an Eco-Drive and forget the atomic if the Attesa doesn't pan out. I'm kinda surprised the ladies Attesa doesn't have the same atomic capabilities as the mens though. Why not...aren't Japanese women allowed to travel? :-s :think:

Why not send Higuichi and Seiya an email to see if they can find such a model in Japan?

Good luck. b-)

·
Registered
8,523 Posts
hi geogecko,

if your are looking for a straight analog watch, why don't you get your wife a nice luminox, traser, khs? no solar and atomic though, but (in my opinion) more important: you will never have to worry about bad lume again and always perfect night legibility.

regards, holger

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I knew I could count on you guys. I am starting to think, as well, that I may have to give up on one of the two main features I was looking for. I did run across that Casio LWA, but was really looking more for the full analog look, as I think she likes the classic look better. One of those Citizen Attesa's would be perfect, if it only worked in the US. I also don't understand why they can't make it a US/EUR compatible watch, or at least, make a US only version. Maybe it's not that they think Japanese women don't travel, they just think American/European women are not as tech savvy as Japanese women?! =)

I don't think she is all that concerned with illumination, as none of her previous watches are illuminated, and generally, she takes her watch off when she gets home from work, or from running around during the day...but a good point, nonetheless.

I have sent Higuichi an e-mail, asking for the price of the OCW-30SDJ-1AJF, and also posed the question to him. I will probably hear from him tomorrow, as he has been taking about 2-3 days to answer e-mails. Seiya, is tending to his health problems right now, and his wife said that he is not selling watches right now. =( I hope he overcomes, as he seems to be a very nice man from what I've read. Seems like this has been going on for a while now though.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I decided to go ahead and go with the Oceanus version. It's not the smallest, but it does have all the features I think she would want. Hopefully I should have it in a week to two weeks, and I can take some pictures of it, and see what you guys think. I won't be giving it to her until Christmas though, so no wrist shots on her wrist, of course...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts