WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

A Quick question. I am in the market for a new dive watch. I am looking to spend about 500, and actually prefer to buy a pre-owned watch so I can go for a bit more Quality:price. There are tons of options out there but it seems like so many look to be a knockoff of a famous Rolex dive watch, you know the one! I want something with quality, but also looks unique and classic. I almost bit on a few, but I don't want ppl asking to see my Rolex, until I bite the bullet and buy it, which I plan on doing in time. Open to all suggestions. I am thinking VSA Dive Master 500 at the moment but I wanted to hear some opinions.

Thanks!

·
Registered
241 Posts
$500 has dropped you right in the middle of a very large market especially the botique brands and there are just too many to list here ! as I'm quiet new here myself I'm not the one to give advice except to take your time and spend awhile browsing here on WUS because i found the more you look and the more knowlege you gain your taste will change in what really floats your boat !
I personally bought a cheap sub homage to start with while i refined my choice and have just recently pulled the trigger on a custom built Tsunami from JakeB !
and can't wait for it to arrive !!! Good Luck and happy hunting !

·
Registered
476 Posts
I bought a Prometheus Ocean Diver. You should be able to find a used one for your price point. Well put together and unique looking.

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
You have almost an endless amount of choices of boutique divers as well as some other brands on the pre-owned market like Tissot or Hamilton. Are there any specific things you are looking for like case size for example?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Plenty of great choices, esp. since you're willing to go lightly used. With a bit of patience, you might get:

Seiko Sumo
Oris TT1
Marathon SAR (or TSAR or GSAR variants)
Precista (a few great models, including PRS-50 variants, PRS-14, PRS-17, PRS-18)
MKII (Blackwater, Seafighter, others)
Helson Tortuga

Some of these require a bit more patience or luck, but all are good watches, beautifully made, and very nice.

Good luck!

- K

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hey divewatch87 here is a photo of a Tsunami not mine it's a borrowed pic from JakeB although i have ordered the yellow dial ! I mean there is no point in having something so sexy on your wrist if you don't turn up the volume !!!!!! Yeah ! DSC_1499.jpg

Reactions: bedlam

·
Registered
403 Posts
For well under $500, you can get a new, Miyota 8215 powered Boschett Cave Dweller II. Keith regulates each movement for good accuracy and the Cave Dweller has one of the best bracelets on any watch.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi. I bought a Precista prs-14. It is really a fantastic watch. I liked it because of the design of the case and its ETA movement. Check it out at timefactors.com. If you see some of the older threads on this watch you'll notice reference to a spare acrylic crystal included. Although one is not included in the latest listing on the site Mr Platts does have them in stock and will sell you one for about £10 to customers who buy this watch. Really excellent customer support. I hope that he keeps this watch in his line up as a permanent option. A classic of a classic. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts