WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Lot's of great things happening with the Ocean7 Watch Line......

Trying to make up my mind on which Ocean7 to buy and was wondering if any of you could help. My wrist is on the smaller size so I was looking at the LM-3.

Any comments or thoughts on the orange/blue dial LM-3? How is the lume?

Do any of you with smaller wrists wear the LM6?

I saw a note about the LM5--any word on when that would be available?
Seems like it would be an excellent option. May have to buy two watches...

Thanks for your help....
JR

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
Trying to make up my mind on which Ocean7 to buy and was wondering if any of you could help. My wrist is on the smaller size so I was looking at the LM-3.
I think that if your wrist is in the 7" or more territory you should be fine with any OCEAN7 offering.

Any comments or thoughts on the orange/blue dial LM-3? How is the lume?
As mentioned in this post by Mitch, the LM-3 is now with the new C3 Grade A lume and the blue dials will be much better. The orange dials will remain with C1 lume until the stock runs out.

I saw a note about the LM5--any word on when that would be available?
The LM-5 should be out sometime this summer. However, Mitch will post a definite release date only when the shipment from the assembly company is confirmed.

Seems like it would be an excellent option. May have to buy two watches...
Only two? I've got four already with another five on the list! :-d

Marcin

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
I have an LM3, LM6gmt, LM2, and LM2c. The LM6 in my opinion wears the smallest of them. The LM3 because of it's mass, and thickness seems larger than the LM6 to me.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
I have an LM3, LM6gmt, LM2, and LM2c. The LM6 in my opinion wears the smallest of them. The LM3 because of it's mass, and thickness seems larger than the LM6 to me.
I would agree it wears the smallest. To me the LM-6 feels like a 42mm watch.

Recently I was able to show my LM-6 to an LM-3 owner who had never handled one. It was funny to see how surprised they were by how comfortable it was on their smaller than 7" wrist. The lugs on the LM-6 really are shaped to wrap around your wrist. Here is a comparison pic of it with the LM-1 and LM-2. ;-)

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Thanks--I really like the LM6 (orange or blue)--is the lume better on the LM6?

JR
There are two versions of the LM-3. The original LM-3 and the new LM-3 Series B/LM-3.1 (not sure officially what the nomenclature of the new version is).

The original LM-3 used C1 for the lume which appears white in daylight but doesn't glow very well.

The LM-6 uses a newer lume that wasn't available when the original LM-3 came out. It's called BG W9 and appears white in daylight and glows blue and is stronger than C1 and almost as strong as normal C3. :-!

The new LM-3 Series B uses C3 grade A which is a newer product that is different from standard C3 and glows the best. Although I haven't seen any official info as to how much better the new C3 grade A is over the older C3. C3 appears green in daylight and glows bright green.

Here is a chart that shows the breakdown. The C3 on this chart is the older C3 and not grade A C3. :-s Gets confusing. :-d

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the information....Was there a reason why C1 was originally chosen for the LM3's?

JR

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Thanks for the information....Was there a reason why C1 was originally chosen for the LM3's?

JR
I believe the reasoning was as follows:

C3 has a yellowish green appearance in daylight and C1 looks almost totally white. The LM-3 dials were originally all blue I think and it was thought the white lume of C1 would look better and that the Yellow/green of C3 would detract from the beauty of the blue dial. :)

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
I believe the reasoning was as follows:

C3 has a yellowish green appearance in daylight and C1 looks almost totally white. The LM-3 dials were originally all blue I think and it was thought the white lume of C1 would look better and that the Yellow/green of C3 would detract from the beauty of the blue dial. :)
I think this is correct also. Many felt the white C1 looked better with the blue. The original LM-3 sample actually had C3 lume applied to the dial. Later this sample was auctioned off for the good folks at Freedom Is Not Free. :-! I think Colin was the winning bidder and owns this watch.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts