WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I currently own a Movado Museum 84 E7 1981 and the steel strap is small on me. I have looked for an extra link but its been tough to find, its also difficult to eye ball one on ebay and decide if it is in fact the right size.
Wondering if there is a certain strap style you guys/gals can recommend?

The dilemma is that I have an 8" wrist and the Movado is 38mm (it was a gift from my sister). Any black leather strap MAY make the watch lose its presence and seem comical on a large wrist. Does anyone have a black strap on a Movado? Any pictures would be very helpful

Included a couple of pictures of the model I own.

Thank you so much!

movado.jpg Capture2.JPG

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
I always thought that Moved was a strap watch, so almost any pictures I've seen have been on straps. I think the right, black strap makes the watch a bit more substantial. What is the problem with adding links? Are they not available, or are you saying you aren't sure which link (widthwise) to add? I would have thought that the additional links would be the ones nearest the clasp, so all the same size.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have a smallish (36 mm) Zenith Pacific that has a similar presence to your Movado. I alternate between the bracelet and the black calf strap depending on the occasion. The watch looks wonderful on both.

I do have tiny wrists, although I get away with the Breitling just fine.
At least I think I do.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Links are extremely difficult to source, which is why I never get to wear the watch. I have sent a query to Movado to see what they can provide.
I personally believe the watch is built for a bracelet (which I think you refer to as strap in your comment), however, in the interest of actually being able to wear the watch i'd like to move it to a leather strap.
I think a croc black leather strap may b the best choice

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
*Update* I was way off with pricing for extra links at Movado. I was able to get 2 links @ $19.25 each with 15 shipping (to canada). Shipping is $12 for CONUS

·
Registered
10,150 Posts

If you're not going with a bracelet, you only option for that watch is a black leather or croc strap. Strap needs to be black to pick up the dial. Strap needs gloss to feel congruent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts