WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking for a watch that looks similar to the ones below but with luminors/glow in the dark things on the hands and markers. It has to look clean, black dial (and case),, non metal strap (so leather is fine), (non obstructive), and hopefuly the markers should be pointy/slim/sharp/long like on this watch. I know im being too picky/specific, but hopefully it helps.

AND I do have one question: do lums/luminors actualy work that well in the dark? my watch with luminors barely glows in the dark, and its in my bedroom all day usually with sunlight, or with the rooms light on. do i really need luminors??worth it?? cus without them the markers/hands are a lot more shiny/stand out.

both are the same watches below.

·
Moderator Public Forum
10,282 Posts
You already have that Orient incoming don't you? I'd say keep it...the polished hands will be fine for most situations. My relationship with lume is pretty much an all or nothing one. I have a few watches with no lume and a few divers/sports watches that are loaded with it. If you want some lume, get something with plenty of it - like this Orient Black Ray Raven:

(pic off the net)

You can replace the bracelet with a strap if you prefer.

Orient EM65007B dive watch comes with a 21 jewel Japanese automatic self-winding movement, day/date window, black dial with uni-directional rotating bezel, new (larger) luminous hands, luminous indices, screw down crown, black PVD case and bracelet.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes its coming. I'll keep trying anyways in case I find one. I'm starting to wonder if the polished hands would be too much for daily wear/school. Like isn't it a dress watch? That you wear to special occasions?

·
Registered
105 Posts
The first thing coming to mind for a dressier watch, with what I think are called 'Dauphine Hands' (the pointy type, could be wrong), with lume, is the Ball Trainmaster series. I am not sure if they make one with a black background or what your price range is though. The strips on the hands and at the indicators are tritium filled tubes which glow on their own rather than needing to be charged by light. Might be something to look into.

image1.jpg

(Pic from somewhere else on WUS I believe via the Google)

·
Moderator Public Forum
22,485 Posts
I'm looking for a watch that looks similar to the ones below but with luminors/glow in the dark things on the hands and markers. It has to look clean, black dial (and case),, non metal strap (so leather is fine), (non obstructive), and hopefuly the markers should be pointy/slim/sharp/long like on this watch. I know im being too picky/specific, but hopefully it helps.

AND I do have one question: do lums/luminors actualy work that well in the dark? my watch with luminors barely glows in the dark, and its in my bedroom all day usually with sunlight, or with the rooms light on. do i really need luminors??worth it?? cus without them the markers/hands are a lot more shiny/stand out.

both are the same watches below.
I've found that the hands and markers for every watch I've owned are readable in dimly lit restaurants, concerts, etc. Haven't found one where I could not tell the time in those circumstances. Many of my watches either have no luminescent paint or it is old and non-working. I think you will be just fine.

Some watch collectors enjoy glowing hands and markers for their own sake and buy watches with tritium filled tubes that glow visibly all the time.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Is this what you're looking for?

starfish.JPG

It's the Orient Starfish in PVD. There's lume on the hands and hour markers, and it's a pretty nice watch overall. I picked mine up for less than $100 back in the spring.

·
Registered
545 Posts
You want a Seiko Sarb033, replace the bracelet with a strap.

Borrowed pic:
234855d1259089929-review-seiko-sarb033-spirit-dsc_0082s.jpg
3ujare4u.jpg

Oops -- just saw you wanted black, not stainless. Nevermind

·
Premium Member
64,047 Posts
The Ray Raven is an all black dive watch that comes on a bracelet but you can change it to a strap if you wish.

image.jpg

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
looks close, i just wish it had thin/sharp/point markers. i might buy it, where did you get it from?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the Seiko looks good. I saw the all black model but it has gold markers/hands, wish it was silver. And I dont wanna spend more than 250$.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
this is really cool, just wish it was all black with silver markers/hands. But, i dont wanna spend more than $250 :(

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
looks close, i just wish it had thin/sharp/point markers. i might buy it, where did you get it from?
I assume you're talking about the Starfish. If so, I bought it from Longislandwatch, but I don't think they have them anymore. You can email them about it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts