WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi fellow WUSers! I'm currently looking for a new watch anywhere around $500. I would like this watch to be something I could wear 24/7 - tough yet versatile. I work in the medical field, so don't need anything overly dressy, but would like to be able to wear the watch to the office (business casual). I prefer bigger watches as I have 7 3/4 in wrists, somewhere around 44mm would be best. I would also like the watch to fit under a shirt sleeve, and have decent lume. I'm not a big fan of rotating bezels, although could learn to live with one. I would like decent water resistance even though I rarely go in water and don't dive - I guess to me toughness=WR. I mostly wear rubber straps, but would like to be able to change out to leather and bracelet. Analog much better than digital. Auto somewhat better than quartz, but not a big criteria. Watch brands that have stuck out so far: Hamilton, Stowa, Laco, Seiko, Citizen, and Sinn (maybe I can find something on the sales forum). Thanks for your time and insight.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I think the perfect choice for you is probably the Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatch 44mm (H32715131 or H32715151). The watch is (as the name suggests) 44mm, has sapphire crystal, shock resistant, and 100M water resistant. The watch comes in both a black and silver dial and can come on a leather strap or metal bracelet. The stock strap is brown, but you can purchase other colors from Hamilton. I am not sure if a rubber strap is available or not. The watch is extremely versatile and would be easy to pull off with jeans and a t-shirt as well as a sport coat or suit. You can buy them new for $500-600, or even cheaper pre-owned.

A few pics:

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Wrist Fashion accessory Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Don't know you budget but for a versatile watch have a look at Linde Werdelin 3Timer. 46x44mm and 12mm thick. Change the look and feel of the watch by changing leather, fabric and rubber straps and bracelet.

·
Banned
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That black dial hammy us one i've been looking at. Thanks for the input

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any other recommendations? Been looking at Ball and Sinn watches also. Is the price upgrade from something like Hamilton worth it?

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
Hamilton gives you best bang for your buck; particularly in this price range. You may want to look at Tissot or C.Ward C60. For a little more, maybe check out Oris.

·
Banned
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've got it more narrowed down now to Hammy jazzmaster viewmatic and CW C8. Any opinions on quality difference? Also, stiil looking for any opinions if quality of Sinn and Ball watches are worth the upgrade in price?

·
Registered
889 Posts
I don't want to generalize, but depending on the watch, Ball can be a step up. Not all Hamiltons have anti-reflective coating on the crystal and I think just about every Ball does. Plus, you get those cool tritium gas tubes. Depending on what you're looking for, I think it might just be worth it. Hamilton does have some great styling though, so I wouldn't count it out entirely.

·
Registered
Proud Casio G-SHOCK fanboy
8,688 Posts
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Just tossing this one out there, even though I can see that you've got your choices narrowed down.

Get WJean's SuperOyster 2 and add an AR Sapphire Crystal from Yobokies. These upgrades make the SKX007 feel and look more expensive.

Altogether, the upgrades and the watch should set you back about 300, if you buy the all the components used.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts