WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm on the market for a vintage gold wristwatch but am not very familiar with different brands or models. I'm a big fan of a minimal style with a small case (I have a 6'' wrist) and small rectangular lugs (ex: Rolex case reference 3833).

I've attached a few images of watches with this style and would appreciate any suggestions for similar looking watches, possibly in rose gold and below $5k.

Thanks!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,485 Posts
For starters ... please don't buy that Patek!

But seriously, you'd probably need to get very lucky to find a legit Patek for under $5k, but you could probably find a decent smallish Vacheron.

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,042 Posts
I can only second that. That Patek nearly made me redigest my dinner! One of the worse redials I have seen (aweful, irregular font, not done in the middle around the hands.....).

You managed to pick out three top brands (leaving aside the fact that, with that desparate redial, the Patek may well be a fake anyway). Does it have to be a big name? Does it even have to be a gold case (instead of gold plated)? The combination of the two is harder to find, fraught with greater danger of fakes and mariages and far more expensive. I have a nice gold plated, silver dial Junghans three hands, subseconds, no date watch from the 1960s. And there are probably plenty of other such specimens.

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
Vintage Certina is another place to look for uncluttered watches in this style: check out the Bristol, New Art and Blue Ribbon lines

1 - 5 of 5 Posts