WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear experts,
I have a plan to buy a mechanic, self-winding watch for my brother (for a special purpose). The budget is up to 1300 euro. I was thinking to buy, for example, Zeppelin watch...but probably there are many nice and good time pieces on the watch market and I think many of you can say other options. So, would you please give me ideas about good quality watches? Thank you in advance...

Astrozoli

·
Registered
17,054 Posts
Hi Astrozoli

I don't know much about Zepplin but they look okay; without specifying whether you're after a diver, dress watch, chronograph etc there are too many options to discuss, but in this price range the standard recommendations are Tissot, Hamilton, Certina, Seiko, Christopher Ward...Might be worth trying to subtly find out what your brother likes if you're unsure.

·
Moderator at Large
54,121 Posts
Get him a Damasko DA 46...

DA-46.jpg

.... a nice tool watch with an ice-hardened case and some other technical gimmicks.

·
Premium Member
65,019 Posts
Hi Astrozoli

I don't know much about Zepplin but they look okay; without specifying whether you're after a diver, dress watch, chronograph etc there are too many options to discuss, but in this price range the standard recommendations are Tissot, Hamilton, Certina, Seiko, Christopher Ward...Might be worth trying to subtly find out what your brother likes if you're unsure.
Can't say better than Geoff. His advice is spot on.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
If you don't know what he likes, you best bet is to find out. If is this not an option, I would suggest opting for a versatile diver or some sort like the Longines Hydroconquest.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Get him the Longines Conquest GMT. I got it about a week ago and I cannot stop wearing it. It is sort of dressy and sporty, so it's a very versatile piece, did I mention it was gorgeous!?

Here are some pictures I took, the watch is stunning!

image.jpg

image.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,990 Posts
Brands in your price range (some a little lower, some in the grey market / used market):
Hamilton
Tissot
Oris
Damasko
Ball
Fortis
Glycine
Doxa
Stowa
Helson
Sinn
Steinhart
Laco
Longines
Lum Tech
Victorinox
Raymond Weil
Seiko
OrientStar

As others have said, there are probably 1000 watches that meet your criteria. Tell us a little bit more about what you want to buy--dressy, casual, lots of complications (like day/date, moonphase, chronograph/timer, clean), whether name is important, if he's got big or little wrists, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts