WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Rolex, Lange, Seiko
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to add a GMT to my collection. I feel that it's the only useful complication that I'm missing. I'd definitely prefer a tool GMT over a dressy GMT. The core of my collection currently consists of a Rolex Milgauss Z-Blue, Omega Speedmaster Hesalite, JLC Master Control Date, Nomos Tangente 38, and Tudor Black Bay Red. As you can see, I have the diver, chrono, dress, and my fun piece (Milgauss) covered. Also, 42mm is the top of what I can pull off, but the 42mm watches I have wear smaller, so definitely 42mm or smaller. As far as budget, I could stretch for a BLNR or Explorer II, but I'm not sold on the cyclops and I'm not too sure I want to spend that much. So I'm going to say ~$5k or less, but can be stretched to the BLNR range for the right watch. Looking forward to your suggestions!

·
Registered
739 Posts
still waiting for somebody to recommend probably one of the most popular GMT of all time. i'm surprised this hasn't been named yet, given that the price range is fairly close to the $5k that he's looking to spend.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
I'd definitely prefer a tool GMT over a dressy GMT.
Tool GMT... In my mind if one is travelling the world the GMT must be prepared for any situation:

• Dirt
  • Dress
  • Water
  • Darkness

As a result, a GMT must be able to dress up as much as it can dress down, it needs lume, needs a bracelet, needs a moveable bezel to time things and needs 100M WR. In summary, the BLNR is ideal as the one watch, do anything and everything watch. :-!

·
Registered
605 Posts
A rare bird maybe ?

Mühle Nautische Instrumente - Seebatallion GMT
Now THAT's a tool GMT! And the only one besides themuch more expensive JLC Master compressor diving GMT fulfilling my own requirements of having a timing bezel and being made of titanium. Unfortunately, when I tried it on, it just didn't appeal to me in the metal. Not even sure why.

·
Registered
265 Posts
My two favourites that I'd like to add for GMT in my collection. Then again, these are way under budget for you, but I love the white on black motif when it comes to GMT's, I also prefer when they're non-standard, ie not Rolex, JLC, PP, etc... For me, GMT has to be functional, robust, under the radar, given that they're going to be my go-to travel watches. Replacing an insured watch worth a few grand, I can swallow. Losing 8+? Nah, too stressful.

BREITLING AVENGER GMT 1 5_zps11maq9mw.jpg

SBGE033.jpg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts