WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
not sure if this is the right forum but not sure where else to post this. I'm looking for a new watch under 10k. Looking to buy within the month and been looking for every type of watch possible. I want something that I can wear everyday and that has pretty good resale value (just in case I change my mind years down the road).

So far my list consisted of:

Seiko Spring Drive Marinemaster 600m (probably won't choose this as it is quite large but I do love the way it looks)
Grand Seiko -SBGA031
Rolex GMT Master II BLNR
Tudor Pelagos
Grand Seiko Snowflake SBGA011
Omega Speedmaster Professional 3570.50
Nomos Ahoi or Nomos Metro
Zenith El Primero 410 (love the way this looks but a little over 10k)

What are some other watches I should consider?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2 Posts
For resale value Rolex will hold it value very well. I have the sub, actually was looking for other brands because I was not buying a watch for status. Once I saw and tried it on I went home with no watch to save some more cash. I just fell in love with it. Point being, buy what really makes you feel awesome and what you love. Good luck in your search.

·
Premium Member
8,940 Posts
What watchtime said. This will be a milestone for you, it sounds like. Of these, the only one I'd probably NOT do, is the Pelagos with a blue dial...I'd go with the black dial, as more general. The Snowflake would be considerably lighter than most of the others...that would be a major factor for me. Others prefer the heft. Resale is less of a factor to me, just because I figure you'll lose a lot of value regardless.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
not sure if this is the right forum but not sure where else to post this. I'm looking for a new watch under 10k. Looking to buy within the month and been looking for every type of watch possible. I want something that I can wear everyday and that has pretty good resale value (just in case I change my mind years down the road).

So far my list consisted of:

Seiko Spring Drive Marinemaster 600m (probably won't choose this as it is quite large but I do love the way it looks)
Grand Seiko -SBGA031
Rolex GMT Master II BLNR
Tudor Pelagos
Grand Seiko Snowflake SBGA011
Omega Speedmaster

What are some other watches I should consider?

Thanks in advance!

if your willing to spend 10g's...grab the speedy pro and tudor pelagos...

speedy pro is the most iconic of the bunch and a collector must have that will retain its value......the new pelagos is a fantastic piece....:-!

if your set on just one....grab the BLNR and call it a day.....|>

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Stay away from high end seikos at the moment, when you have been collecting a while and have experienced a variety of great swiss timepieces then you can think about buying one but in terms of resale value nothing compares to rolex and patek.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Stay away from high end seikos at the moment, when you have been collecting a while and have experienced a variety of great swiss timepieces then you can think about buying one but in terms of resale value nothing compares to rolex and patek.
correct

BUT

the Grand Seikos are every bit of watch as Rolex if not more......i refer to them as the **Japanese Patek.......

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Go try as many on as you can and go with the one that feels right to you and you don't have to max out your budget .
I would give the Omega AT and Rolex Explorer 1 a look .

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
but had you said Credor it would have been a bit more agreeable.
yeah i get it...apples to apples...if we are going down that route than GS would be the Japanese Rolex HOWEVER I feel that the low production #'s and the 'way' GS does things is comparable to Patek....more 'personal' as marketing would say......

the GS(japanese) - Swiss debate is old hat.....no intentions of bringing this thread there as we have a search feature on the site.....cheers

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
If this is not going to be your only watch, then I would personally take the Zenith 410 out of picture as it would be pain to reset unless you run it on a winder all the time.

MM600 IMHO is ridiculously thick so if this will be your daily driver then it would be out as I personally won't be able to wear it every day.

BLNR appear wonderful color wise, I have personally owned regular GMT II ceramic and it is a very solid watch.

Snowflake is very nice if you do not equate heft with quality. It is very light and IMHO it wraps my wrist like a SILK. Wonderful watch.

Speedy is speedy. It is manual wind and has no date, but if you are ok with that, then quality is right up there along with history and pedigree. I would choose this one over all the watches as it is sporty and good looking.

New Pelagos I hear is good and is wonderful value, I will have to try it on at my local AD.

Nomos makes wonderful watch and it is up and comer, but that said, to compare to watches double or more isn't fair IMHO.

If it was me and I had 10K to burn, then from the list, I would get a Speedy and Snowflake (I think one can do both within the budget - I think.... about $5k each?)

Dial work on GS is just outrageous and I LOVE my snowflake.

Now, GO Pano Lunar is wonderful and deserves serious look at this price level.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If this is not going to be your only watch, then I would personally take the Zenith 410 out of picture as it would be pain to reset unless you run it on a winder all the time.

MM600 IMHO is ridiculously thick so if this will be your daily driver then it would be out as I personally won't be able to wear it every day.

BLNR appear wonderful color wise, I have personally owned regular GMT II ceramic and it is a very solid watch.

Snowflake is very nice if you do not equate heft with quality. It is very light and IMHO it wraps my wrist like a SILK. Wonderful watch.

Speedy is speedy. It is manual wind and has no date, but if you are ok with that, then quality is right up there along with history and pedigree. I would choose this one over all the watches as it is sporty and good looking.

New Pelagos I hear is good and is wonderful value, I will have to try it on at my local AD.

Nomos makes wonderful watch and it is up and comer, but that said, to compare to watches double or more isn't fair IMHO.

If it was me and I had 10K to burn, then from the list, I would get a Speedy and Snowflake (I think one can do both within the budget - I think.... about $5k each?)

Dial work on GS is just outrageous and I LOVE my snowflake.

Now, GO Pano Lunar is wonderful and deserves serious look at this price level.

Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
if your willing to spend 10g's...grab the speedy pro and tudor pelagos...

speedy pro is the most iconic of the bunch and a collector must have that will retain its value......the new pelagos is a fantastic piece....:-!

if your set on just one....grab the BLNR and call it a day.....|>
I like the way you think!

·
Registered
539 Posts
I would start with either a Sub or DateJust. Let's be honest, you need a Rollie!
I think the Sub is probably the most iconic piece ever.
The Speedy would come next as the manual piece.
I then would steer towards a dress watch!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 42 Posts