WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states I'm in search of my first watch. It would have to be an oversized watch for sure. I like the Size of 47mm watches but I am not too picky. It would be my everyday watch. What I am looking for is a watch that people will notice great craftsmanship and one that i will stay pleased with for a while. I'm open to all styles (chronos, flight, etc) and dont mind whether it is automatic or Manual. My budget is 400 new or used. Let's see what all you reccomend!

Thanks

·
Affordables Moderator
17,574 Posts
Welcome to WatchUSeek :-!
I like to recommend that new watch seekers check out the daily wrist check threads to narrow down the style of watch they like the best, like divers, pilots, chronos, etc. It's hard to recommend something (for me anyway ;-)) since there are so many styles and brands. There are many, many watches in that price range or lower too. For 47mm you may be looking at "big pilot" type watches but there are plenty of large divers too.

Good Luck!
Zippofan
Affordables Forum Co-Moderator

·
Registered
35,399 Posts
Welcome to WUS!

I would suggest taking a look at the Seiko Sumo (SBDC001) - it's 45mm so a little smaller than you wanted, but it wears a little bigger than you think.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Welcome to WatchUSeek :-!
I like to recommend that new watch seekers check out the daily wrist check threads to narrow down the style of watch they like the best, like divers, pilots, chronos, etc. It's hard to recommend something (for me anyway ;-)) since there are so many styles and brands. There are many, many watches in that price range or lower too. For 47mm you may be looking at "big pilot" type watches but there are plenty of large divers too.

Good Luck!
Zippofan
Affordables Forum Co-Moderator
I think that is an excellent suggestion. I would estimate that close to 75% of the watches discussed in this section of the forum are below your budget, especially if you consider used (prices).

·
Registered
19,860 Posts
As the title states I'm in search of my first watch. It would have to be an oversized watch for sure. I like the Size of 47mm watches but I am not too picky. It would be my everyday watch. What I am looking for is a watch that people will notice great craftsmanship and one that i will stay pleased with for a while. I'm open to all styles (chronos, flight, etc) and dont mind whether it is automatic or Manual. My budget is 400 new or used. Let's see what all you reccomend!

Thanks
I recommend an Aviator ana-digit G-shock with atomic time syncing and solar powered.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts