WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
24A54018-6F0B-409D-A6F4-2EABF3CCD296.jpeg Hi everyone! So my original strap is wearing out. One of the loops already snapped off, so I’m looking for a replacement but first I need to know the size. I’ve been doing my search for the size, and boy it was hard since B&M doesn’t display the model number on the watch—Baume et Mercier 8791 after checking my purchase history (I threw away the box and stuff).

Anyways, I saw in the “for sale” section that someone stated the strap being 19-20mm. Is this right? Should I just go with 20mm? Any recommendations on where to get a suitable replacement? IPreferably in some shade of brown, still dressy in style. It doesn’t have to be OEM.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
14 Posts
So one trick is to walk into any hardware store and go find the calipers and just use one to measure between your lugs. You'll get an exact measurement from a fine instrument! :)

I like Hirsch Modena straps. They seem to have a nice coffee color that goes well with the sort of dial you have.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So one trick is to walk into any hardware store and go find the calipers and just use one to measure between your lugs. You'll get an exact measurement from a fine instrument! :)

I like Hirsch Modena straps. They seem to have a nice coffee color that goes well with the sort of dial you have.
A caliper? Oh, I think we have some at work. I’ll check it out. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
9,297 Posts
Another trick, if you have straps hanging around...many will be stamped with the width, like a 20 or 18. Hold up one or two that look close...it's easy to tell at that point. The right size with slip into the gap easily and fill it completely. Too big has to be slid in; too small will always have a bit of a gap.

And then, of course, you can always google the model number of any recently produced (say, 7-10 years or less) model. Jomashop often has the lug or band width; not on this one. Amazon does show it: 20mm. And then of course, there's the manufacturer's site, BUT this may be limited to only models in the current catalog. Yours is a few years old, and it actually isn't listed any more. If there's a way to dig thru the B&M site to find the numbers on older models, I'm not motivated to find it. :) The manufacturer's data is the most reliable, when they publish...not everyone does. (I personally consider that a significant, altho not inherently fatal, deficiency.) But, I have seen errors in the numbers from both Amazon and Jomashop.

BTW, I'm not saying other sites won't have it. The 2 mentioned are *big*...they carry a boatload of makers and models online. So they serve as some of my primary investigative tools.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow! Very informative! I also did my search on my watch and didn’t find much information on the strap either. I don’t have any straps around, but I could definitely compare it to my Tag which is a 21mm. Thanks for the effort and the advice!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts