WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm not interested in Mudmasters but I am still very excited to see the new model. I can't wait for the first images and for some people to say "that is not a real Mudmaster", "Casio has lost their way", "it's ugly" etc... Then the people who actually like the watch buy it and enjoy it and the world keeps turning. I have only been in this forum a for a short time and it seems that is the game plan for every new release.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm not interested in Mudmasters but I am still very excited to see the new model. I can't wait for the first images and for some people to say "that is not a real Mudmaster", "Casio has lost their way", "it's ugly" etc... Then the people who actually like the watch buy it and enjoy it and the world keeps turning. I have only been in this forum a for a short time and it seems that is the game plan for every new release.
We all want Casio to build what we want. Whenever they build something else, it's natural to feel a small sense of betrayal...

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have high hopes for the GWG-2000, probably too high. I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if it comes with tide and/or moon functions. But it has baffled me that Casio created the Gulfmaster to be a better all-around outdoors watch than its high-end Mudmaster.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
I have high hopes for the GWG-2000, probably too high. I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if it comes with tide and/or moon functions. But it has baffled me that Casio created the Gulfmaster to be a better all-around outdoors watch than its high-end Mudmaster.
Well the Mudmaster is designed as a land watch and the Gulfmaster for sea. So it makes sense.

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
Gonna take a wild guess here: smaller form factor, carbon monocoque case, sapphire crystal, MB6 and BT, and NEGATIVE DISPLAY LCD! Cuz Casio don't care about us visually impaired oldtimers! :p

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Gonna take a wild guess here: smaller form factor, carbon monocoque case, sapphire crystal, MB6 and BT, and NEGATIVE DISPLAY LCD! Cuz Casio don't care about us visually impaired oldtimers! :p
You had me until..... negative display!

The negative display on the GWG-1000 is the ONLY reason I haven't gotten one.

But, if the GWG-2000 is slightly smaller AND has a POSITIVE LCD, as they say.... "Take my money."

·
Registered
149 Posts
Carbon Fiber band and sunrise/sunset and I'm in.
Positive is preferred but not a deal breaker if I get sunrise/sunset.

I never got the gwg-1000 because I couldn't justify it having a Gw-9400 and a Gwn-q1000.

I also hope they'll keep the nice design and the digital in the 6 o'clock.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Well the Mudmaster is designed as a land watch and the Gulfmaster for sea. So it makes sense.
But moonrise, for instance, is very much a concern of anyone going into the wildness. I live in a coastal region and tide matters when I'm duck hunting from a blind on shore, let alone in a boat. Sunrise/sunset are givens.

My point is that from the point of view of an outdoorsman (which I am) the Gulfmaster is currently the best GADA G-shock, and I'd like to see the Mudmaster live up to its full potential.

It can skip the depth meter, though :cool:

Reactions: BinomialSpider

·
Premium Member
8,158 Posts
But moonrise, for instance, is very much a concern of anyone going into the wildness. I live in a coastal region and tide matters when I'm duck hunting from a blind on shore, let alone in a boat. Sunrise/sunset are givens.

My point is that from the point of view of an outdoorsman (which I am) the Gulfmaster is currently the best GADA G-shock, and I'd like to see the Mudmaster live up to its full potential.

It can skip the depth meter, though :cool:
Sounds like it fits your specific needs which is great, but I have to disagree as an outdoorsmen. I've literally never required or even cared about moonrise. I say that as someone who regularly hikes at night (as I did tonight). Sorry, not trying to argue, just saying most of us aren't duck hunters looking to...I don't even know. I'm not a duck hunter :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: . Sounds like you need it, but it isn't a "given" for the rest of us.
But then again, if it was included, sure why not. Like you said, it might as well live up to its full potential:)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Sounds like it fits your specific needs which is great, but I have to disagree as an outdoorsmen. I've literally never required or even cared about moonrise. I say that as someone who regularly hikes at night (as I did tonight). Sorry, not trying to argue, just saying most of us aren't duck hunters looking to...I don't even know. I'm not a duck hunter :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: . Sounds like you need it, but it isn't a "given" for the rest of us.
But then again, if it was included, sure why not. Like you said, it might as well live up to its full potential:)
I know you're not being argumentative.

I had meant moon phase (not moonrise) and I would bet that when you go out at night, you might have a passing interest in whether it will be a full moon (bright) or a new moon (can't see your hand in front of your face).

Anyway, my Frogman covers tide and moon, and that is what I use much of the time when I am on or near the water.

It's just that Casio actively advertises the Mudmaster as a hunter's watch in hunting magazines and on hunting websites. There's a reason the GGB100 comes in orange. So it's not like my hopes for the GWG-2000 are totally out of line with their target market. Or at least a segment of their market.

If you want to talk about odd complications: what do you make of the Gulfmaster having an altimeter! What's that for, getting an accurate reading from the crow's nest in case you fall into the sea? :LOL:

·
Premium Member
8,158 Posts
I know you're not being argumentative.

I had meant moon phase (not moonrise) and I would bet that when you go out at night, you might have a passing interest in whether it will be a full moon (bright) or a new moon (can't see your hand in front of your face).

Anyway, my Frogman covers tide and moon, and that is what I use much of the time when I am on or near the water.

It's just that Casio actively advertises the Mudmaster as a hunter's watch in hunting magazines and on hunting websites. There's a reason the GGB100 comes in orange. So it's not like my hopes for the GWG-2000 are totally out of line with their target market. Or at least a segment of their market.

If you want to talk about odd complications: what do you make of the Gulfmaster having an altimeter! What's that for, getting an accurate reading from the crow's nest in case you fall into the sea? :LOL:
Hahaha indeed, weird one and I don't necessarily disagree. Still don't find the moon phase useful either way, BUT if the Muddy is the top of the line land monster, then I get what you are saying 😀

Reactions: Cheverian

·
Registered
362 Posts
Carbon Fiber band and sunrise/sunset and I'm in.
Positive is preferred but not a deal breaker if I get sunrise/sunset.

I never got the gwg-1000 because I couldn't justify it having a Gw-9400 and a Gwn-q1000.

I also hope they'll keep the nice design and the digital in the 6 o'clock.
Same here. Never got the GWG-1000. But I might get the 2000. I don't mind a negative display if is STN/improved, like on the GWN-Q1000 or the GST-B200's (and -300?/-400?)

·
Registered
720 Posts
I hope they make a couple of pink, purple or rainbow versions. I just can't get enough of them!

• Haha
Reactions: TalkingClock

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Dear Casio

we need time and energy to make money ! and then save money !
Why are you not waiting for us ...

eff!
lolz

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I'm sure it'll have carbon core, sapphire crystal and bluetooth. Just hope that it'll be a smaller and lighter watch since the last one was a bit large for my wrist and also a bit uncomfortable.

1 - 20 of 135 Posts