WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 60 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
According to the reseller to which belong the pictures that I posted above, the new model is :

• a little bit smaller than the GWG-1000,
  • in terms of weight, it is lighter than the GWG-1000 thanks to the carbon core guard,
  • it does not have any new feature compared to the older model,
  • The official launch price in EU will be 749€

·
Registered
511 Posts
I like the one with the yellow or beige band I heard that this one is going to be limited production

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Posts
Well...thanks for posting the pictures!
I own a GWG-1000 and wear everyday. GREAT WATCH!
I have absolutely NO issues reading the date at different angles even with bull bars installed. Talk about a bum display is absurd. You can see the digital display in the daytime and night.
I'm old and wear glasses with bifocals. No problem. See pics.
I agree that if you do a lot of movement, the watch can be uncomfortable with original strap. I run a jack hammer at work sometimes and a bund strap eliminated all that.
I work at night sometimes and in water. A wrist rotation and the auto LEDs highlight the info even underwater and when the LEDs go off, they have charged the lume glow.
Watch never needs anything and syncs automatically. Never any issues.
If you've ever wanted this watch, treat yourself and buy it with some band adapters. Try some different bands with original and settle on a favorite and you will not regret.

Not a fan of the new color profiles of the 2000's or the textures. Not a fan of the rocket or pine tree look on dial.
Looks rather nicked up to me... just like mine before a bezel swap. Hah!
Everyone has different taste.
I am inwardly happy about the new look as I see absolutely no reason to purchase.
Whew!!!!

Watch Analog watch Clock Rectangle Watch accessory

Watch Analog watch Automotive tire Clock Gadget

Wheel Automotive lighting Hood Blue Automotive tire

That is a smooth lookin watch right there...:cool:

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
I have mixed feelings, at least for now.

I'm glad Casio has stayed very close to the design of the original Mudmaster. Still, I probably like my old Mudmaster better. I might be biased though, because I am so madly in love with my old one.

Also one thing that I really enjoy on my old GWG1000 is that with the bezel being an inexpensive and relatively easily replacable piece, the watch provides for a completely worry free wearing experience. It would be great to see replacement of the new model's bezel being just as easy and inexpensive.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes the first details where removed from UK web as to many errors...
This should hit shelves October/November but with all the deleys etc more likely it will be November... I belive everyone is bit dissapointed as Casio was talking long time about "new" gwg and in the end is more like cosmetic surgery than a new model...
Next year the limited edition should arrive as well...
Gesture Font Automotive tire Art Jewellery

·
Registered
8,708 Posts
And that's exactly the problem.

GWG-1000 (and similar displays), need to be at a perfect angle and illumination for the best viewing

STN LCD's (or MIP's), don't.

I fully expect a better display on the new Mudmaster.
not exactly. yes stn's are better but theyre not perfect at every angle and all lighting conditions. your example shows the gwnq in ideal lighting and the gwg in very poor lighting and angle. the gwg is more than usable in most lighting and angles, nothing like the completely rubbish negs on 5600s and 9400s. that said, most negs are readable with a split second couple degree twist of the wrist, the same amount of time it would take to accurately read an analog display.

im not sure why you would expect a better display. usually if its added its to a premium version of a model, like with the Ti protreks. imo its one of the last features most ppl would want or care about and its one of those "what can we add to justify the price hike" features in casio's tick box list.

·
Registered
8,708 Posts
G-Shock UK has announced models, specs and prices. But they took them offline a couple of minutes ago.

But I was able to add them to ShockBase before :)

View attachment 16121198
i see where they were going with the colours, trying to be a bit diff. to the plethora of 100/1000 muddies but none fully grabs me. the peanut butter one is a little different, the texturing works best on the blacked out one but its a bit too boring for me 😜 still a solid look over all tho.
of course in classic wis fashion the ppl that complained about wanting a smaller muddie with solar and mb6 are still complaining lol 😅

I belive everyone is bit dissapointed as Casio was talking long time about "new" gwg and in the end is more like cosmetic surgery than a new model...
who is "everyone"? sounds like those ppl have never followed any consecutive models! lol 😂 casio rarely does full upgrades on a model, if they do, it becomes a whole new model. of the few models that do get an incremental update like the gst's, mtg's and mrg's its exactly that, just a face lift to extend the life of a popular model.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The new model is apparently manufactured in Thaïland. The new 800USD flagship of the mudmaster line will unfortunately not bear the "Japan GE" mark of pride on its caseback.

If my memory is good most of the GWG-1000 production was made in Japan, with only a small number of units from Thaïland.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yes the first details where removed from UK web as to many errors...
This should hit shelves October/November but with all the deleys etc more likely it will be November... I belive everyone is bit dissapointed as Casio was talking long time about "new" gwg and in the end is more like cosmetic surgery than a new model...
Next year the limited edition should arrive as well... View attachment 16121769
Looks like a Totoyta Land Cruiser limited edition colab.
I am not a Mudmaster fan in general, I mean I like the watch but I don't wanna own him. I was looking forward to buy one as a present to my brother. However I share the opinion with others that the older model seems better looking and the easy bezel swap is always a plus.
The thing I never liked in GWG - 1000 is the all resin body. For an outdoor watch the forge carbon will make more sense, though I was always a fan of the idea of just making the watch full metal body Frogman style (it's not heavy).

I think Casio are aware of the popularity of this model and play it safe. I love the fact they decided to keep his autonomous nature and not stuff Bluetooth connection and left him with a MB6 - though IMHO a GPS would be the best choice. Right Australia?
You might say that this would influence the price a lot - and yes. Then again the 1000 can remain the "budget" version and the new one could've been the more "premium - luxury" kinda - sorta model for 1 level above in overall quality and features.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i see where they were going with the colours, trying to be a bit diff. to the plethora of 100/1000 muddies but none fully grabs me. the peanut butter one is a little different, the texturing works best on the blacked out one but its a bit too boring for me 😜 still a solid look over all tho.
of course in classic wis fashion the ppl that complained about wanting a smaller muddie with solar and mb6 are still complaining lol 😅

who is "everyone"? sounds like those ppl have never followed any consecutive models! lol 😂 casio rarely does full upgrades on a model, if they do, it becomes a whole new model. of the few models that do get an incremental update like the gst's, mtg's and mrg's its exactly that, just a face lift to extend the life of a popular model.
Casio was saying about new model, replacement for the current one. They postponed the "new" model few times so they had plenty time to develop new watch as that what everyone was expecting but what they did is just small visual changes. It's bit like with the VW Golf... You expect something new but it's still the same 😁

·
Registered
18 Posts
Looks like a Totoyta Land Cruiser limited edition colab.
I am not a Mudmaster fan in general, I mean I like the watch but I don't wanna own him. I was looking forward to buy one as a present to my brother. However I share the opinion with others that the older model seems better looking and the easy bezel swap is always a plus.
The thing I never liked in GWG - 1000 is the all resin body. For an outdoor watch the forge carbon will make more sense, though I was always a fan of the idea of just making the watch full metal body Frogman style (it's not heavy).

I think Casio are aware of the popularity of this model and play it safe. I love the fact they decided to keep his autonomous nature and not stuff Bluetooth connection and left him with a MB6 - though IMHO a GPS would be the best choice. Right Australia?
You might say that this would influence the price a lot - and yes. Then again the 1000 can remain the "budget" version and the new one could've been the more "premium - luxury" kinda - sorta model for 1 level above in overall quality and features.
If they wanted play safe I'm sure if they would release the GWG-1000 in new colours it would be better solution for them

·
Registered
Samsung Gear S3 Frontier - Casio G-Shock GW-9200 Riseman
2,138 Posts
Great… I just purchased a gwg-1000
Tbh it looks almost the same. It seems to be using the same non-STN display for the newer 2000 series.

Ngl. I'm starting to lose faith on Casio for these minor improvements on their modules and aesthetics.

Reactions: jareddd

·
Registered
31,168 Posts
Thanks for the latest photos. Kinda like it but have to see it in person of course - anyway the GWG 1000 will be hard to beat - just love that one so much and amongst my fave G’s since the first release back in 2015

.. and so on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
505 Posts
I don't really like the new "wings" - the way they are visible from the front and color-matched to the bezel. Visually it distorts the outline, makes the watch seem long rather than circular.

·
Registered
225 Posts
If they wanted play safe I'm sure if they would release the GWG-1000 in new colours it would be better solution for them
They wanted to refresh the formula without straying too much from the original. A carbon based upgrade was inevitable. Like 9400 the Mudmaster is one of the most popular G - Shocks that is actively sought out.

41 - 60 of 143 Posts