WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I.have a new oris pro diver date with the screw down ceramic bezel. I noticed that if I press down on one side of the ceramic bezel between two screws and then the opposite side ... I can feel the bezel rock back and forth if I keep wiggling it with my thumbs.

It is micro movements but it is definitely there.

Can someone with a PDD or a screw down bezel check theirs and let me know if it is normal?

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
Screw down bezel??? No such thing. Are you referring to the press-lock "Rotation Safety System" that has the outer, rubber protection ring? Are you using it properly? Maybe you have it in the unlocked (pulled out) position.

I checked my bezel and it's firm (no rocking).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not referring to the rotation safety system. The pro diver has 6 screws around the face of the bezel at positions 5, 15, 25, 35, 45, and 55. I assume these are holding down the flat ceramic bezel disc.

If I put one thumb between the screws at 5&15 and the other between the 35&45 then I can feel the flat bezel move in and out like it is loose.

ORI0104450.png

·
Premium Member
71,208 Posts
I'm wearing my PDD as I type this and after fiddling about with it I can assure you that the bezel is rock solid.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
I am not referring to the rotation safety system. The pro diver has 6 screws around the face of the bezel at positions 5, 15, 25, 35, 45, and 55. I assume these are holding down the flat ceramic bezel disc.

If I put one thumb between the screws at 5&15 and the other between the 35&45 then I can feel the flat bezel move in and out like it is loose.
Okay, I understand (wrong terminology on your part). As Sticky said, it should feel rock solid and tight, with no wiggling if you press on it. Why don't you drop by the place you bought it from and compare it to others and point out the difference to the dealer? It might be as simple as a slight adjustment (assuming the dealer has a qualified watchmaker on premises).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry for getting the terminology wrong.

I just came back from an AD and they pulled a PDD out of the case and it also had the micro-movements in the bezel. I was shocked, i think she was surprised too but it looks like this is normal. I'm going to one more AD this week to be certain.

·
Premium Member
71,208 Posts
If the bezel AND the little metal ring around it both rock then it may just be mechanical play but if just the bezel moves I would be inclined to bring it to the attention of the AD again because it could be that something's not right.

·
Registered
14,456 Posts
I finally got around to checking mine, and between the screws that hold the ceramic insert down, I can see the insert move up and down. So there's space under the insert.

That said, I don't care. This is still my favorite watch. Many have come and gone from my collection that are considered much better watches by the WIS on this forum. The PDD is an incredible value. The best in my book. I just pulled mine off the winder and after five days it's 13 seconds fast. Awesome!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went to two AD's with PDD's. Both you could feel the bezel move back and forth. I'm glad to see this is 'normal'. I also put my PDD in a cup of water and rocked the bezel back and forth and didn't see any air bubbles so I am feeling safe this isn't a water tightness issue.

I agree PDD amazing, still loving this watch. The micro-movements don't bother me, just wanted to make sure this wasn't a red flag. Thanks all !!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts