WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realized there wasn't a thread for this watch and what better day to start one than on the day the wait-list is released.

Apologies for the strange compression in the images,

Black / Gilt
Screenshot_2020-05-11 NEPTUNE SIII - BLACK GILT.jpg

Black / White
Screenshot_2020-05-11 NEPTUNE SIII - BLACK WHITE.jpg

Blue / Gilt
Screenshot_2020-05-11 NEPTUNE SIII - NAVY GILT.jpg

Blue / White
Screenshot_2020-05-11 NEPTUNE SIII - NAVY WHITE.jpg

It appears they have a wait-list system now that you can get on (without payment, which is nice) and you have 24 hours after your name is up to pay for it otherwise it goes to the next person.

When your watch becomes available, we will e-mail you an invoice with a payment link. You will have 24 hours to complete the order from the time the invoice is sent, or your place in the queue will be given to the next person.
I like the Blue / Gilt version and just put my name down for one.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Been wanting a black/gold neptune for a while now. Love the new changes, signed up for the waitlist right when the website went live lol. Super happy that its thinner.

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
Ugh... I've always thought the Lorier Neptune was a gorgeous looking watch, but I just can't justify spending that much on one, especially now.

·
Premium Member
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Been wanting a black/gold neptune for a while now. Love the new changes, signed up for the waitlist right when the website went live lol. Super happy that its thinner.
I love the Blue / Gold. Yeah, I'm very happy that the dimensions are smaller now. It does look much better than the previous versions.

Ugh... I've always thought the Lorier Neptune was a gorgeous looking watch, but I just can't justify spending that much on one, especially now.
Yeah, I just got a Gemini a few days ago and while I think the dial is magnificent, I'm not convinced it is worth the $499 price-tag.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Signed up on the wait-list for black-gilt, hope it won't take too many months. Been wanting one for a while, and the new update is sweet.

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
This has sent me down a Lorier rabbit hole. I'm seriously considering selling one of my other pieces to make room for this.

What's the general consensus on the Miyota 9-series movement? I'm pretty familiar with Seikos (NH/4R/6R) and ETA (2824/2893), but I've never had a Miyota powered watch. I know it's thin and runs at 4Hz which is nice, but what about accuracy performance, robustness, winding efficiency? I understand the rotor only winds in one direction. How does that translate to wearability and performance?

·
Premium Member
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Signed up on the wait-list for black-gilt, hope it won't take too many months. Been wanting one for a while, and the new update is sweet.
I hope it doesn't take forever too.

This has sent me down a Lorier rabbit hole. I'm seriously considering selling one of my other pieces to make room for this.

What's the general consensus on the Miyota 9-series movement? I'm pretty familiar with Seikos (NH/4R/6R) and ETA (2824/2893), but I've never had a Miyota powered watch. I know it's thin and runs at 4Hz which is nice, but what about accuracy performance, robustness, winding efficiency? I understand the rotor only winds in one direction. How does that translate to wearability and performance?
I've got a Baltic Aquascaphe with a Miyota 9039. I'm not an expert but I believe these two movements to be quite similar. And the Baltic has held up quite well and can take a serious beating. I would place it right between the NH35 and an ETA 2824 in terms of accuracy (closer to ETA) and robustness.

·
Premium Member
3,251 Posts
I've owned maybe 5 or 6 watches with the Miyota 9015 and it's been trouble free. Pretty loud when winding and you can actually feel the rotor motion when it's freewheeling (which is actually sort of cool). Other than that, no drama.

·
Premium Member
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've owned maybe 5 or 6 watches with the Miyota 9015 and it's been trouble free. Pretty loud when winding and you can actually feel the rotor motion when it's freewheeling (which is actually sort of cool). Other than that, no drama.
Yep, same with the Baltic - you can feel the rotor occasionally but not enough to make you feel like you have a gyroscope on your hand!

·
Registered
792 Posts
I love the Blue / Gold. Yeah, I'm very happy that the dimensions are smaller now. It does look much better than the previous versions.

Yeah, I just got a Gemini a few days ago and while I think the dial is magnificent, I'm not convinced it is worth the $499 price-tag.
Good looking watches, I like the blue Neptune, I like that they've thinned it back down and I get the plexiglass aesthetic, and it's a lume monster, but, I'm not ready to drop ~$500.00 on plastic diver with a Miyota inside. I think it's a $350.00 watch. I'll say this, for a micro-brand they do hold their value and you'll probably pay more than retail to get one used.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I hopped on the waitlist as soon as it became available. Received an email today stating that late June is likely when it will ship. Between now and then I'll receive an invoice and can decide whether or not to lock it in.

Right now I am very excited, and I never get excited about microbrands. I love the aesthetic and really feel they improved the design by adding curved lugs and thinning down the case a bit.

·
Premium Member
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I hopped on the waitlist as soon as it became available. Received an email today stating that late June is likely when it will ship. Between now and then I'll receive an invoice and can decide whether or not to lock it in.

Right now I am very excited, and I never get excited about microbrands. I love the aesthetic and really feel they improved the design by adding curved lugs and thinning down the case a bit.
Me too, it's looking like late May / early June for the Green / Gilt Falcon and early June / mid June for the Blue / Gilt Neptune.

I haven't decided which of the two to actually drop cash on.

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
I got my email today... late June for the black/silver.

I'm gonna set the money aside and go for it. I've avoided doing the micro brand thing until now, so this will be an experience.

Reactions: Predictabilly

·
Registered
506 Posts
I had the 90S5 for about a year. Never had any problems with it, but I didn't wear it a lot either. The rotor noise is noticeable but nothing on the level of distracting. It kept good time.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
A little more dimension and spec detail for those interested:

• 39mm case width
  • 10.3mm case thickness + 2.4mm dome crystal
  • 47mm case length / lug-to-lug
  • 20mm lug width tapers to 16mm at clasp
  • Bracelet fits up to 8-inch wrists

• Miyota 90S5 automatic movement (no-date), 28800 bph*
  • 316L marine-grade stainless steel case
  • Water resistant to 200 meters / 660 feet
  • Screw-down crown
  • 120-click unidirectional bezel
  • Dome plexiglass crystal
  • Swiss Superluminova BGW9 luminous
  • 316L marine-grade stainless steel bracelet with solid endlinks
  • Fully-articulating solid links secured by screw pins
  • Push-button clasp with 3 microadjustment slots*
  • Included extras: 2-slot leather watch wallet, screwdriver for resizing bracelet

Reactions: ohhenry1

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Did the price increase with series 3? I seem to recall a price below $400 at initial launch of this watch...

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
A little more dimension and spec detail for those interested:

• 39mm case width
  • 10.3mm case thickness + 2.4mm dome crystal
  • 47mm case length / lug-to-lug
  • 20mm lug width tapers to 16mm at clasp
  • Bracelet fits up to 8-inch wrists

• Miyota 90S5 automatic movement (no-date), 28800 bph*
  • 316L marine-grade stainless steel case
  • Water resistant to 200 meters / 660 feet
  • Screw-down crown
  • 120-click unidirectional bezel
  • Dome plexiglass crystal
  • Swiss Superluminova BGW9 luminous
  • 316L marine-grade stainless steel bracelet with solid endlinks
  • Fully-articulating solid links secured by screw pins
  • Push-button clasp with 3 microadjustment slots*
  • Included extras: 2-slot leather watch wallet, screwdriver for resizing bracelet
Case dimensions are very similar to the Gemini!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Did the price increase with series 3? I seem to recall a price below $400 at initial launch of this watch...

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk
Yep. Movement is more expensive than previous NH35 and the case machining is supposed to be better. Though I thought the gen 2 was already pretty good.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts