WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I went to this concert and went to the pits where people are basically wrestling.
Noticed my DW-5600 was gone.

I do have two G-5500's but decided they are collectors items (for me) and am not comfortable with wearing them at this moment.
I tend to lose my watches, the DW5600 is certainly not the first one.

I got my eyes on a GWM-5610 but was wondering if there are other available (as in attainable for a fair price) 5600 or 5500 models with atomic out there.
Obviously I'm keeping my eyes open for a 5500 (5525,5530) model with atomic as well.

So I'm looking for a square model with:
- Atomic
- at least a 24 hour stopwatch
- below $150

I wish the GWM-5600 was still available because it has a 1000 hour stopwatch and the 5610 seems like a downgrade.
The GWX-5600 seems feature packed but it only has a 60 minute stopwatch so it is out.

Edit.
Since everybody likes pictures here a picture of my modded G-5500 with ALIFE bezel

·
Registered
381 Posts
I don't have the exact model # in my head, but according to starscream's new release threads, a new, standard (nothing limited or fancy) 5500 should be out by the years end at the latest :)

·
Registered
7,906 Posts
Maybe the G-5600e. I think it's almost the same as the DW-5600, except that it's solar powered.

*edit*

It seems to have world time as a feature, which could be handy for travelers.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Holy crap I'm in love! I've been waiting for a black atomic 5500 with no weird coloured display! And now they released two?!

Will these be available in the future through normal stores or Ebay you think at a $150 price?
If so, I might just as well start wearing my modded G-5500 and replace it with the new GW-5510 for my collection.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To conclude this thread; I just won a GW-5525A Black Dawn edition in good shape!
Since it looks less good then my modded G-5500 (yellow display) I probably won't have an issue making this my beater.

It was an exciting bid; my maximum snipe was $86 at 4 seconds and with 10 seconds to go the bid went up to $82.
With shipping agreed (beforehand off course) to $14 I think $100 total is not bad considering I live in Europe :)

Now the waiting begins!

Untitled-1.jpg
Seller pic

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
To conclude this thread; I just won a GW-5525A Black Dawn edition in good shape!
Since it looks less good then my modded G-5500 (yellow display) I probably won't have an issue making this my beater.
Congrats on a good price. :-! I was watching this one and wondered if it would end up going over $80. Past auctions have been higher. I like the gray/gold-accents theme. Enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congrats on a good price. :-! I was watching this one and wondered if it would end up going over $80. Past auctions have been higher. I like the gray/gold-accents theme. Enjoy it.
Thank you for not bidding :-d
I've been regularly checking out the 5500 series and prices are really all over the place. Looking at sold listings right now, I see an Alife go for $150 a camouflage go for $100 but a yellow Tokyo model for $270!
(I picked up this model several months ago for just €80 as a back up. Perhaps I will sell it)

I also like the gold black (grey?) theme :) and I think it looks better then the gwm-5610 (regular colour) I was considering. It just looks a bit less good then my modded model.
I think it's time for another picture because pictures are always good.

75675676576.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts