WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last 2 month's I had slowly been building up a fund for a new watch. I was very keen on a Bernhardt Sea Shark, then decided to save a while longer and go for the globemaster, or maybe somthing else. But after arriving back from a week's holiday, and checking my bank balance, the fund has had to go towards bills. I feel rather depressed.
For the first time in a number of years Im starting to feel the pinch. The cost of living in the UK is rising rapidly, and petrol prices are frightening.
Looking on the bright side, we had a nice holiday, and the family always comes before a new watch. And I have just started a new watch fund:-!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Over the last 2 month's I had slowly been building up a fund for a new watch. I was very keen on a Bernhardt Sea Shark, then decided to save a while longer and go for the globemaster, or maybe somthing else. But after arriving back from a week's holiday, and checking my bank balance, the fund has had to go towards bills. I feel rather depressed.
For the first time in a number of years Im starting to feel the pinch. The cost of living in the UK is rising rapidly, and petrol prices are frightening.
Looking on the bright side, we had a nice holiday, and the family always comes before a new watch. And I have just started a new watch fund:-!
I can undererstand how u feel. It took me almost a month just to buy a $85 Fossil! I just bought it just now from amazon before stumble upon ur thread.

Living costs has shot up here in Asia too as petrol prices go sky high causing a chain reaction to almost all prices known to mankind :(

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Same here, but what kills my money is Car and Health insurance... :-(

Thankfully, my wife will get much cheaper health insurance in a few months (saving around $200 a month I hope and better coverage).

Here's to hoping for better (economic) times for all.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
I have been saving for a while for a red Sea Shark myself, but can't seem to make much headway lately.:-(

On the other hand, you already have a very nice collection to keep you busy.:)

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been saving for a while for a red Sea Shark myself, but can't seem to make much headway lately.:-(

Thanks. I have decided to enjoy what I have for a while. Been wearing my Sandoz all week at work, It's not had a vast amount of wrist time, but really enjoyed it this week.

·
Registered
833 Posts

Motivational picture :-!

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats a nice Sea Shark. I was going to go for the yellow dial, but that red look's sweet. They are an excellent watch for the money IMO. (not that I have ever seen one in the flesh)

·
Registered
146 Posts
visting Cali and the gas out here is sick 4.25-4.60 a gallon. I dont know how the average Joe makes it out here!

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
I feel bad for you but you are definietly not alone. We all feel the pain judging from the other posts.

Good attitude that you have begun a NEW watch fund. Please post pics once you get your piece. |>

1 - 10 of 10 Posts