WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I watched Louis CK's new special Oh My God last night, as usual he was hilarious, one of the best comedians I know. Anyway, I couldn't help but notice he had on a new watch. For the past 10 years or so he's worn a stainless steel Rolex Submariner. This new one looked to me like a yellow gold Omega Speedmaster. Whatever it is, it looks nice for a gold watch (which I usually hate). If it is the Speedy Louis seems to have good taste in watches. Here's the best pic I could find.
louisckohmygod720phdtvx.jpg

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm watching this right now and paused it to google what watch he's wearing... I was thinking the same thing, maybe the Omega speedy Co-Axial in gold? Anyone?

·
Registered
154 Posts
I saw him last week, he was wearing a PAM in Connecticut. Maybe he has a hobby in watches?

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
I just started watching this a bit ago. I thought it was interesting he was fiddling around with his watch right before he went on stage. It looked like he was adjusting the time?

On to the watch! I'm determined to figure this one out. I managed to get one decent screenshot of it so far:

watch4.PNG
It looks like an IWC Pilot's Chronograph in RG to me ;D
I was thinking along the same lines (IWC) but from my picture you can sort of see the 3rd subdial and even a hint of red. It may be a IWC 371713?

owc.png

I'll continue to look for better wrist-shots.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
While I'd rather have it in steel, I'd sure take it!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I immediately noticed this new time piece. Way different than the Rolex stainless. Rose gold IWC immediately recognizable. I have an IWC Spitfire and they are distinct and easy to spot.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
I see 4 subdials. Not three.
Yeah looked like to me at first too but I had found a better angles that led me to believe it wasn't a subdial. Unfortunately I deleted them cause everyone seemed satisfied with that single picture here, heh. I'll go back and see if I can find them.
To start, here's a quick one from his appearance on Letterman. You can sort of make out that there are 'lines of text' at 3 o'clock, with the last line being the longest like on a IWC:

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Yeah looked like to me at first too but I had found a better angles that led me to believe it wasn't a subdial. Unfortunately I deleted them cause everyone seemed satisfied with that single picture here, heh. I'll go back and see if I can find them.
To start, here's a quick one from his appearance on Letterman. You can sort of make out that there are 'lines of text' at 3 o'clock, with the last line being the longest like on a IWC:

Great shot of one of my favorite comedians!! Haha. Awesome comedian AND into horology? :thumbup:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I tried to snap a couple from Oh My God

I definitely think its a rose gold IWC pilot

·
Registered
2 Posts
Louis CK has a new special out ("Live at the Comedy Store"), available on his website. He wears a different nice looking watch in it (not a Submariner or IWC I think). Can someone identify it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
"I love being divorced. Every year has been better than the last. By the way, I'm not saying don't get married. If you meet somebody, fall in love and get married. Then get divorced. Because that's the best part. Divorce is forever! It really actually is. Marriage is for how long you can hack it. But divorce just gets stronger like a piece of oak. Nobody ever says 'oh, my divorce is falling apart, it's over, I can't take it.'"

---- Louis C.K.

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
I saw a little of the pre-show stuff too and it looked like he was starting or setting the chrono... must time his performances. Was a fan but then got turned off by some of his politics.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
With that watch I hope he didn't tell any jokes about how poor he is!
Actually he opened up the last special I watched explaining that he's milking this success thing for as long as he can, because he figures it's going away some day soon.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts